Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I must say I find it very disappointing that there was frenzied activity on this thread last night, both during and after, Sussex's fine win over Durham and that, despite it being a later kick-off away from home, the 'Not on an Albion match-day' unwritten rule seems to have been disregarded today too. I sincerely hope that tomorrow morning my displeasure is not incurred again this evening in this regard, but I'm afraid I have my doubts.

Anyway, we've made finals day for the first time in 6 years, so just rejoice at that news and congratulate our cricketers and the spinners. Good-night.

View attachment 100067

Rejoice!

I was watching. Indeed rejoice.:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That really is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard on here for a long time.

Thunder Bolt thinks our MPs aren’t elected. Wow, you make [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] (aka Nibble) look like Einstein.

I thought better of you? Sadly I was wrong.

larus

You do realise the laws in this country are passed by unelected people in Parliament? You have no say in the leader of the Tories, not the cabinet ministers, the civil service or the House of Lords. All of which help pass laws here.
The EU democracy is more accountable than the Houses of Parliament.

Of which we have a power of veto. We don't have to accept every single law passed, blindly.

I thought better of you? Sadly I was wrong.

Juncker/Tusk etc are not elected by the people of the EU. They have enormous power. The commission are the ones who draft legislation which the MEPs vote on. The MEPs don’t draft legislation.

There is a huge difference between that and the UK, so to say that the EU is more democratic shows a complete lack of understanding of how the structure works.

The EU has a goal to be a superstate, a United States of Europe. No nations per se, just a single entity where national governments become irrelevant to all intents and purposes. This is why so many leavers voted out - yet remainers just want to say it’s down to racism. It’s incredible how little so many people know about the whole set-up/project.

With the EU the Project is everything. Irrespective of the harm done to citizens, nothing can stand in the way of the project.

Now, you may not agree with that, but when remainers go on about racism, thick, old white people making dumb decisions, that is so far from the truth. Yes, some people will have voted for racist reasons. Some will have voted remain because of Project Fear.

The temporary impact of leaving even with No Deal is a price many feel is worth paying. We may not like our politicians, but we get the chance every 5 years to choose again. We’ve gone from Labour, to Tory/LibDem coalition and now Tory governments. That is democracy. The EU suffers from a severe demoratic deficit.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
"The temporary impact of leaving even with No Deal is a price many feel is worth paying."

Well perhaps. But

a) they didn't fully appreciate the price at the time of the referendum

b) many still don't appreciate the price 2 years after the referendum

c) 'temporary' is a vey bendy concept

d) it could well be that future generations will be paying that price rather more than us lot

I'd contest other claims that you make but this is enough to be going on with.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Oh dear. Talking about comparing apples and pears.

Let’s start at the beginning.

GDP is the ‘turnover’ of a country - all companies, self-employed, etc within that country. Turnover does not equate to profit.

Then, on the profit/wages of each company, person, the portion which will be deemed to be taxable in that country will be taxed at the prevailing rate in that country. For example, Ireland has a lot of turnover which is taxed at very low rates for companies such as Google.

This taxation (including personal and consumption taxation) will be the income of the government, which is much, much smaller than the GDP.

Then, from this national income, they will pay into the EU budget.

So, you need to compare our contribution with the EU budget. That’s it. Nothing else is relevant.

What you have done is the equivalent of me sticking my head out of the window today, now (10:48 am) in Sussex and telling you what the weather will be in Scotland, at 5:45 pm, in 3 weeks time.

That’s such nonsense. I showed gdp to show the size of economies. 39 billion to those economies is not much. Heck they could easily borrow that as a one off. It sounds like a lot of money, and I suppose it is, but to think that those countries could not just swallow a one off hit of 39 billion is bizarre.

Even just the uk has anatomical debt approaching 2 trillion doesn’t it? You think the whole of the EU couldn’t just add a one off 39 billion of needs be?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That’s such nonsense. I showed gdp to show the size of economies. 39 billion to those economies is not much. Heck they could easily borrow that as a one off. It sounds like a lot of money, and I suppose it is, but to think that those countries could not just swallow a one off hit of 39 billion is bizarre.

Fella, he cuts and pastes all this crap. He doesn't understand a tenth of it. It's why he contradicts himself all the time and goes Garrity when he gets pulled up on it. Question him too much and he'll just start slinging insults as he forgets what contradictory stuff he's posted.

larus

Even just the uk has anatomical debt approaching 2 trillion doesn’t it? You think the whole of the EU couldn’t just add a one off 39 billion of needs be?

I’ll try to make it even simpler for you.

Company A has a TURNOVER of £1,000,000 yet makes a percentage profit of 2%.

Company B has a TURNOVER of £100,000 and makes a profit percentage of 30%.

The profit of company A is £20,000 and of company B £30,000. The tax paid is based on the £30k or £20k. Let’s say it’s at 20%, so it’s £6k and £4K. This is the income for the government.

Maybe you might slowly start to understand. You lack of understanding just reflects upon you I’m afraid.

You need to compare our £39bln to the EU budget. We are the second largest net annual contributor at circa £8bln, yet you seem to think that £39bln is irrelevant. That’s nearly 5 years contributions from the second largest contributor. And you think it’s nonsense - incredible.

larus

Fella, he cuts and pastes all this crap. He doesn't understand a tenth of it. It's why he contradicts himself all the time and goes Garrity when he gets pulled up on it. Question him too much and he'll just start slinging insults as he forgets what contradictory stuff he's posted.

Back to insulting people again I see. I honestly think you have issues and should seek professional help. You are a proven liar, accuse people of being thick and racist, yet crumble into issuing empty threats when confronted. You appear to be someone who’s failed in life and struggles to deal with your feelings of inadequacy. Take a break Clamp and re-evaluate things.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Back to insulting people again I see. I honestly think you have issues and should seek professional help. You are a proven liar, accuse people of being thick and racist, yet crumble into issuing empty threats when confronted. You appear to be someone who’s failed in life and struggles to deal with your feelings of inadequacy. Take a break Clamp and re-evaluate things.

vic.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Handbags aside, you don’t believe that load of claptrap anymore than I do. What you’re attempting there is to insult me without seeming like you’re insulting me by giving the illusion of calm and sincerity. Like you’re genuinely concerned. Then you have fallen back on that most foul and transparent of tactics of yours, if someone challenges you, accuse them of being mentally ill. Newsflash, hotshot: people have been doing that old chestnut to each other on here since you were in liquid form. Heck, I’ve even done it a few times.
Word to the wise , don’t kid a kidder, son. You’ll come unstuck. Like you have.
Now, I have no more patience for your particular brand of bullshit today, I’m off to watch the Dragon boats and have tea and buns.
Better luck next time, loser.

TBTC

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Handbags aside, you don’t believe that load of claptrap anymore than I do. What you’re attempting there is to insult me without seeming like you’re insulting me by giving the illusion of calm and sincerity. Like you’re genuinely concerned. Then you e fallen back on that most foul and transparent of tactics. If someone challenges you, accuse them of being mentally ill. Newsflash, hotshot: people have been doing that old chestnut to each other on here since you were in liquid form. Heck, I’ve even done it a few times.
Word to the wise , don’t kid a kidder, son. You’ll come unstuck. Like you have.
Now, I have no more patience for your particular brand of bullshit today, I’m off to watch the Dragon boats and have tea and buns. TBTC

Oh you're so funny Nibble. It's like having a village idiot on speed ! :laugh:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just because people bully the crap out of you on here don’t make the mistake of thinking you can do it to others. It’s very base.
TBTC

:laugh: OK Nibble .... who's 'bullied the crap out of me' on here then ? Maybe we should post your messges to Simster to highlight what you're really like ?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I’ll try to make it even simpler for you.

Company A has a TURNOVER of £1,000,000 yet makes a percentage profit of 2%.

Company B has a TURNOVER of £100,000 and makes a profit percentage of 30%.

The profit of company A is £20,000 and of company B £30,000. The tax paid is based on the £30k or £20k. Let’s say it’s at 20%, so it’s £6k and £4K. This is the income for the government.

Maybe you might slowly start to understand. You lack of understanding just reflects upon you I’m afraid.

You need to compare our £39bln to the EU budget. We are the second largest net annual contributor at circa £8bln, yet you seem to think that £39bln is irrelevant. That’s nearly 5 years contributions from the second largest contributor. And you think it’s nonsense - incredible.

Goodness me. You think that the countries involved could not make up that money for a one off hit? Give your head a wobble.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Goodness me. You think that the countries involved could not make up that money for a one off hit? Give your head a wobble.

He also thinks that we can implement WTO rules and tariffs with no borders or customs and that if a Brexiteer had been in charge instead of TM, the EU would have let us cherry pick far more and we would have got the elusive 'magic deal' :shrug:

He does have a remarkable ability to read a post, miss the point completely and then cut and paste erroneous waffle that he has found on google.

Last edited:

larus

He also thinks that we can implement WTO rules and tariffs with no borders or customs and that if a Brexiteer had been in charge instead of TM, the EU would have let us cherry pick far more and we would have got the elusive 'magic deal' :shrug:

He does have a remarkable ability to read a post, miss the point completely and then cut and paste erroneous waffle that he has found on google.

Says the guy who seems to think it’s the responsibility of the UK to control the ROI/NI border on the ROI side.
Who seems to think the WTO rules won’t apply to the EU only the UK.
Who doesn’t seem to understand the point (which I’ve made countless times) that WTO rules allow for no physical infrastructure if there are political reasons why not.
Who can’t seem to differentiate between tariffs and regulations.
And who says he has a mate in some government department who makes tea for the office.
Oh, and said quite categorically that there is no way we would leave without a deal.

Man with his finger on the pulse :lol: (Shame the pulse is on a dead body).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here