Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Butter - what a transformation.

larus

OK - he's never going to set the world alight.
But, he's looking very solid. He seemed to be controlling the back line well today. Wins a lot of ball, and also brings it out.

At one point second half, thought he fancied a mazy run through the middle of the park, but then decided 'better not'.

Well done Guy. You stuck at it and proved a lot of people wrong. Deserve your place in the team, IMHO.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's all down to the NSC sponsorship. Nothing more, nothing less.

Interestingly I note David Lee is still available *ponders*

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
larus said:

Well done Guy. You stuck at it and proved a lot of people wrong. Deserve your place in the team, IMHO.

The people who ridiculed him by offering him for sale on ebay should feel ashamed of themselves. One up to Guy!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think he is playing well and looks fitter but remember last season he was up against much quicker and skillful forwards whereas this season the quality of opposition is naturally not as good.

Just wish he would run with the ball - a couple of times today he had a great option to run with the ball when space opened up but passed instead.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Class is permanent.He knows his job.Got out of condition due to not playing,not being wanted a Gillingham.He has worked hard and stuck at it and is now getting the benefit.We are in a lower division and he sems to come against big forwards and teams lump it in the air more,right down his street.He is looking solid and playing very well,not to be under rated,so is Pethick again.
Did anyone else notice in the 2nd half when Butters didn't even jump,stood still and held his ground and headed the ball away. ?
Good to have players of their strength and experience to come into the side and do the job.Good all round squad.:clap: :clap:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
oapdodge said:

Did anyone else notice in the 2nd half when Butters didn't even jump,stood still and held his ground and headed the ball away. ?

That was class, LMAO - he was SOLID today.

When he had space and front of him and he could have gone on a run, he just stopped and looked like he thought, sod it, I'll save my energy for running up for free kicks and corners, and passed it instead. He is SOLID.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Maybe this auction story hitting the Sun woke him up, it's since then he's improved?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He exuded calm authority, which seemed to spread to the rest of the back four. Also good positional sense which saw him anticipate the run of the ball and place whatever part of his body was most appropriate in the way. I still think that he could be troubled by a really quick opponent but I slagged him off on here in the past and I feel that he has really shoved those comments right back down my throat.

Butters was great yesterday, in the lofty environs of Row Z the words and imperious, and majesterial were heard, with regards to Guys performance.

He looked totally solid yesterday, very calm in possession.

Infact given how bright Blackpool were in midfield I think the whole defence did really well to cut the amount of clear cut chances down to practically zero. A ver reassuring performance given the absence of DC.

Guy has played awsome this season. I think he's made his mark as aa good division 2 defender. I especially liked it when (I think against Luton) two strikers ran into him and bounced off!

He knows he's playing well, and is on a great high at the moment. If we keep on encouraging him, maybe he'll get even better!:clap2:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It just shows - match fitness comes with a run of matches.
We are all benefitting from him playing regularly now, he looks a lot fitter, and I can see him getting a few goals over the course of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here