Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool away

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Play him but don't let him take pens, please. That was awful, not really sure how it went in, De Gea should have stopped it. If we'd have not scored that, I reckon we'd have been stuffed in the second half. However - it did go in, we weren't stuffed, and we walk away with 3 points. Lovely.

I too am concerned that he is the designated penalty taker. I know he has scores 2 from 2 but neither have been convincing. There is a few misses just waiting to happen

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I too am concerned that he is the designated penalty taker. I know he has scores 2 from 2 but neither have been convincing. There is a few misses just waiting to happen

Like Glenn ? He missed two critical penalties against burnley and Leicester.

Anyway, I’d play this team:

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Balogun
Bong
Propper
Stephens
Kayal
Bissouma
Knockaert
Murray

Pack the midfield, only chance we have of getting a draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I agree, I don't think he was 100% today and even his penalty had an air of tiredness about it. Don't get me wrong I think he's fantastic but we've got a good squad now to accomodate giving a player a rest...

why would he be tired 2 games in .....he's had the whole summer off no w.c duty , he should be raring to go . i agree though we should rest him and muzz and dunk if he's not 100% great to give the new boys a run Balogun looked class , Bissouma , Aj and Locadia , get the bench match fit in a game that we are probably not going to come away from with anything.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
why would he be tired 2 games in .....he's had the whole summer off no w.c duty , he should be raring to go . i agree though we should rest him and muzz and dunk if he's not 100% great to give the new boys a run Balogun looked class , Bissouma , Aj and Locadia , get the bench match fit in a game that we are probably not going to come away from with anything.

Has there been any word on how he is?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How to counter the high press
A host of clubs use a pressing style of football to win the ball back in the opposition's half - but what can you do to beat the high press?

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/tactics/countering-team-press-high-pitch#i0sAl0wXjCjxWafJ.99

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/tactics/how-make-opposition-play-long-ball-game

I think we missed the pace on the left for counter-attacking and the overlaps of Bruno on the right v Man United. Pröpper and Knockaert did not lose the ball this game.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How bigger of a bus can we use to park in front to Mary Ryan?

new-york-deluxe-ticket-3-day-tour-big-bus-tours.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not playing Schelotto at Anfield will help.

Yesterday's brilliant strategy of pushing up to negate ManUre's obsession with crosses to giants, will be suicide at Anfield. Teams that try that, including ManC and Roma, get ripped apart. The suffocating Alamo style defence is a better bet, but with some pace on this visit to support the striker.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I would just have every player on the goal line with 2 lying on top of them so that the ball can't go into the top corners either, and just stay there for 90 minutes.

What would happen if we actually tried that? I wonder just how the opposition would cope? Come on, let's give it a go!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Can't we just pack everyone inside the goalmouth, so that there's no way the ball can go through, and we take a 0-0? ???

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm making a weekend of this fixture having spent my childhood in Liverpool.

I've already had plaudits for us spanking the Mancs today...but I don't fancy the same outcome at Anfield.

If I was Chris I'd see this fixture as 100% of ****k all and throw on all the big guns we bought in the summer.

Am I mad? No. We will do very well to come away with a 3-0 so what's to lose? Just give the new boys a go against the very very best.
ya

[END QUOTE???]

i agree ...Montoya and Bernardo wing/full backs , rest Dunk as his record against the bin dippers is pretty ordinary to downright shocking so Bernardo and Duffy at cb's

Bissouma , Kayal,Propper , March the latter debatable as he will be high on confidence atm but a twonking at Anfeild could ruin him again maybe AJ for March.

Locadia and Goss or Murray up front...............i know i had a sneaky feeling we could do Utd at ours but Liverpool away will be about as tough as it gets this season , if we come away with anything it will be massive .

Bernado’s going to be busy with your line up.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Predicted squads
vs Liverpool (A)

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Knockaert Stephens Pröpper March
Groß
Murray

subs: Button, Montoya, Balogun, Bernardo, Jahanbakhsh, Bissouma, Kayal

vs Southampton (H)
Button
Montoya Balogun Bernardo Suttner
Jahanbakhsh Bissouma Kayal Izquierdo
Andone Locadia
subs: Steele, Towell, Gyökeres, Schelotto, White, Barclay, Hemed

Hemed for Izquierdo (injured) ?

Injury doubts: Bruno, Dunk, Izquierdo​

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Predicted squads
vs Liverpool (A)

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Knockaert Stephens Pröpper March
Groß
Murray

subs: Button, Montoya, Balogun, Bernardo, Jahanbakhsh, Bissouma, Kayal

vs Southampton (H)
Button
Montoya Balogun Bernardo Suttner
Jahanbakhsh Bissouma Kayal Izquierdo
Andone Locadia
subs: Steele, Towell, Gyökeres, Schelotto, White, Barclay, Hemed

Hemed for Izquierdo (injured) ?

Injury doubts: Bruno, Dunk, Izquierdo​

Can't see Bruno coming in for Montoya even if he is fit.......

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
The only way BHA can get anything from this is a 4-5-1. Need to stop Andy Robertson and TAA from getting past the half way line, while at the same time using the midfield three to try and stop the LFC midfield.
Truth is if they get past the midfield, not many back fours in the world will stop the front free. I would try and rough Alisson up at set pieces as he’s a bit of an unknown physically and test him with some long shots.
To be honest, I’m after a LFC win, It would be nice to keep it at 2-0......
Liverpool FC have always had a soft spot for us so hopefully we all get a decent day out.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The only way BHA can get anything from this is a 4-5-1. Need to stop Andy Robertson and TAA from getting past the half way line, while at the same time using the midfield three to try and stop the LFC midfield.
Truth is if they get past the midfield, not many back fours in the world will stop the front free. I would try and rough Alisson up at set pieces as he’s a bit of an unknown physically and test him with some long shots.
To be honest, I’m after a LFC win, It would be nice to keep it at 2-0......
Liverpool FC have always had a soft spot for us so hopefully we all get a decent day out.

Good job Coutinho isn't there any more, he caused the damage at the Amex last season. We really need the Liverpool full backs to overextend and exploit the gaps. That's why we need Bruno back to deal with Robertson. PIty Izzy is not fit as a late substitute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here