Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Isn't no Deal a bad deal for the country? The sound bite doesn't really have any logic, unless you trust may unequivocally. I don't.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Isn't no Deal a bad deal for the country? The sound bite doesn't really have any logic, unless you trust may unequivocally. I don't.

imagine a deal where we have to pay billions in to the EU, while having restrictions on import/exports with non-EU, open to freedom of movement, and under ECJ jurisdiction, but no longer formally part of any decision making processes of EU. would that be a good deal?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Thought May came out better. Weasel Corbyn is just a broken record spouting same old same old, hope he gets annihilated on June 8 as he's totally unfit to govern the country

Frankly, they both are, and I can't remember when there has been a worse absence of talent on the front benches on either side. Labour under any decent leader and with its best people back in the shadow cabinet would have had a great chance against the present Tory shower - but then of course May wouldn't have dared call an election.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I did not watch the debate tonight but there seems lots of discussion about Paxman giving Corbyn a harder time than May.

Would be interested in the opinion of people who watched the debate and are fench-sitters if this was true or just left wing moaners?

I thought Corbyn was better than May. His political moral compass saw him deal with Paxman's onslaught with calmness and humour, May was predictably uninspiring and was light on content, anyone voting for her is taking a punt in the dark, all her eggs are in the Brexit basket.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You do realise that a current SERVING Conservative politician was literally a MEMBER of the IRA, right?

Once again.,,"but, but the Tories!"

Yeah. because 1 local councillor is exactly equivalent to voting for the prospective PM and Home Secretary. And also excuses any debate about Corbyn...because, you know, Tories.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What? No meme for this? I'm disappointed.

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

maria-gatland.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There we go, I knew you wouldn't let me down. You're on much firmer ground recycling someone else's opinion in a crappy meme. The Oxford debating society's loss is truly the internet's gain

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Oh well played.
Its quite usual for you people like you to oh so slightly and deliberately change a quote to fit your agenda

The past tense in the actual factual quote is quite important if you are judging someone.

"I agreed with the shooting of British soldiers and believed that the more who were killed the better.

Perhaps you should have included a quote after she became disillusioned in the whole bloody thing and wanted nothing more to do with it.

“But now, almost for the first time, I wondered about the crippled and the widowed and the lives that had been changed forever."

But lets take your view that anyone who has showed support for the IRA should be excluded from political office across the board, even the Tory woman who has accepted she was wrong and misguided.

Doesnt leave some Labour apologists who refuse to distance themselves from their past on any firm ground does it if your standards are to apply?

Honestly trying to compare a possible PM and a councillor who has repented, and do it falsely to boot is quite the stretch

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As a 'committed blue' could you answer some genuine questions please? I'd also very much appreciate it if your answers avoided mentioning Labour OR JC.

I'd like to know your thoughts on the following things that the Tories have overseen in the last few years:

- The rise in food banks
- a huge rise in child poverty
- welfare cuts
- cuts to cooperation tax meaning cooperations pay less tax than their employees
- spectacularly missed economic targets
- the longest fall in value of wages since records began
- the austerity con
- the most unaffordable homes ever
- the biggest education funding cuts in decades
- the defunding of local government.

I've banded this list around a fair bit over the last few weeks and as of yet I've not had ANY responses or attempts to justify the above.

I tried a similar idea a couple of weeks ago asking why people vote Tory, I got a couple of positive answers but most were in the "because they are not Labour/Because they are not lead by JC" camp. To be honest the opposite of this is why I have voted labour in the past but it seems that if "I'll vote for you because I don't like the other lot" is the best we can expect from our political system then we are well and truely ****ed.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Project commitments, pensions and contingent liabilities which might well still include payments such as bailout loans to Ireland . You should have read the small print Jim. Besides the U.K. Has already committed to the EU's longer range budget till 2020.

Well, we'll still be paying the EU £350mill a week until at least Mar 2019 - so we won't have long to go. I don't think pension commitments and a years budget contributions comes to €100bill and as for Ireland, they're in the Euro so none of our business. If only there was any small print to read.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why you still get your country back, but you are happy for Mrs May to walk away with no deal and tariffs imposed on all imports and exports making us even poorer,

Ignore May, she won't and can't walk away without a deal, we all know she can flip flop on anything. Whatever deal we get the sooner the better, investment in the UK is slowly withering away.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Ignore May, she won't and can't walk away without a deal, we all know she can flip flop on anything. Whatever deal we get the sooner the better, investment in the UK is slowly withering away.

I'm laughing at the brexit bellends who actually think trading under WTO is preferable to no deal with the EU....

http://leavehq.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=128

Some people really are thick as shit.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thought they were both pretty weak, she is a poor orator. JC is better in front of a crowd, but anyone trusting him to make a 'tough' decision when it came to the protection of the country or dealing with terrorists might want to take a pause.

I am sure he'd sooner sit around a table over tea and biscuits trying to 'sort this out amicably'. Great idealistic plan, doesn't work with everyone though JC.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I'd like to know how the port of Dover and the wider county of Kent will operate in the absence of a customs union deal in the 'no deal' scenario and what contingency planning has taken place. Charlie Elphicke MP has saying much the same for months and not had a answer.

Never mind the Irish border question too.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm laughing at the brexit bellends who actually think trading under WTO is preferable to no deal with the EU....

http://leavehq.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=128

Some people really are thick as shit.

You or i are unable to judge at this moment how preferable "the deal" with the EU will be compared to not having a deal.
If trading under WTO is more financially beneficial to the country than paying the current pre negotiation proposal of a £100bn fine for leaving......which one would you choose?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here