Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your ONE highlight from yesterday?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The realisation that 94,000 people must have been desperately trying to buy tickets to Withdean for 12 years.

The ticket database when at withdean had over 25k names on it purely based on people buying home or away tickets. After the cardiff play off that number went up to over 35k.

Its not beyond the wit of man to understand that another 15k at least will be on there since arriving at the amex.

Plus i know that so many other kids from teams i coach attended. Many with a parent or sibling that doesnt go to games with them

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Lots of highlights on such an amazing sunny day.

I think for me it was looking through all the flags towards the stage. Made it a festival feeling.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
It's been mentioned by others, but it was absolutely brilliant to see so many youngsters wearing the shirt yesterday.
Once the bug bites them, we've got them for life.

Twenty years ago when you saw kids playing in Brighton parks they mostly had Liverpool or Man U shirts on their backs, those days are hopefully long gone and the stripes are back in fashion!

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
I dragged my 8 year old daughter along as her Grandad has brainwashed her into supporting Arsenal(why????) and she kept asking me why I go to watch Brighton every home game.
When she saw my face and felt the energy from the crowd I think she understood why I'm a Brighton supporter and when to bus turned up and she saw the players she turned to me and said this is amazing!!!!
Hoping to bring her back from the dark side!!!!!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I dragged my 8 year old daughter along as her Grandad has brainwashed her into supporting Arsenal(why????) and she kept asking me why I go to watch Brighton every home game.
When she saw my face and felt the energy from the crowd I think she understood why I'm a Brighton supporter and when to bus turned up and she saw the players she turned to me and said this is amazing!!!!

That is a great post - hope the lass had an unforgettable and great day.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You do know, Grandparents have no legal right to have contact with their Grandchildren.

Just a word to the wise.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
What a fantastic day, congratulations to the club for another day that will live in the memory for a long long time.

If you had to pick one highlight from yesterday what would it be?

For me it was the video they showed after the players arrived which included the Goldstone and Gillingham days, thousands stood in silence watching it on the big screens, looking around and seeing grown men crying. Something that will stay with me forever.

It was closely followed up by Dale Stephens 'worming' onto the stage :lolol:

Never thought I'd be one those who cried at the football..

This season has proved me wrong on more than one occasion.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
The lost generations...they're back. As are The Albion. Those trips to Gillingham and god knows how many rain sodden seasons at Withdean have all paid off-took longer than we all thought but WE ARE BACK!

Absolutely this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think it's fair to say the players enjoyed it..

Attachments

• Celebrations.jpg
    Celebrations.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 215

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
For Glenn Murray, the proverbial cucumber, to call it 'truly overwhelming' tells you how good this club is.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
For Glenn Murray, the proverbial cucumber, to call it 'truly overwhelming' tells you how good this club is.
I like the fact that Murray is grounded and doesn't get too carried away. Certainly a good influence on Knocky!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not the best highlight for me, but when we were waiting for a bus on Church Road, to go home, this busker starting playing SBTS on his clarinet, so we joined in with the words. I'm not sure the bus queue enjoyed it, but we didn't get anything thrown at us.

I pulled up alongside the bus stop waiting for the lights. Also joined in, not sure he is a busker? He was in Zone A celebrating along with the rest of us. :vuvu:

That was me. I nearly got run over by the team coach playing in the middle of Western Rd. I was a bit over-refreshed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here