Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Hinshelwood, new Hastings boss.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
When he was capable of playing, he was absolutely fantastic. A quality defender who would have been a Championship standard player for sure. Good luck to him in management.

But, sorry mate, let's not forget this gem. :lolol:

[YT]MG39b-vstPQ[/YT]

(With bonus Hawkins for the real laughs)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I just hope he lasts for more than one season! Was sorry to see Darren Hare resign. Excellent that they've moved quickly to replace him though. Half a dozen or so players were retained beforehand though. Pleased with this.

When he came to my place of work last year with Albion U18s, for team building exercises, he genuinely did say that he would like to do something in management.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Not as a defender, a fit Adam Hinsh was twice the defender Adam Virgo was.

Have to agree with that. When he broke through I genuinely thought that we had a player capable of making it to the top. Unfortunately he had the famous Hinshelwood knees.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
When he came to my place of work last year with Albion U18s, for team building exercises, he genuinely did say that he would like to do something in management.
Spoke to him over dinner whilst I was working with the u18s. Great fella and ambitious to get involved in management.
The young lads were in awe of him and rightly so. He was a very talented player. Shame that injury denied him a decent career.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hopefully from his work with the U18's he'll be able to bring a player or two over with him and Hastings can get back up where they belong at least one level higher than current before the new ground development starts

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I remember Hinsh booting the ball out of the stadium at Withers and standing back to admire his handiwork...
.,,whilst the opposition grabbed another ball, threw it into the vacant RB area, crossed it and scored.
To a cacophony of sighs and jeers :facepalm:

Good luck big man.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Fond farewell. Very good player and seems like a very nice chap.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I remember Hinsh booting the ball out of the stadium at Withers and standing back to admire his handiwork...
.,,whilst the opposition grabbed another ball, threw it into the vacant RB area, crossed it and scored.
To a cacophony of sighs and jeers :facepalm:

Good luck big man.

The opposition were Orient, if I remember rightly, and the scorer was McGleish.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Why did the old boss resign? I watched Hastings a few times when the Albion didn't have a game and they looked a decent side, certainly scored quite a few goals and made the playoffs.

Same reason Garry Wilson resigned the year before basically - gave it a bash and one season was enough. He's involved with an academy as well and gave up the youth position at Gillingham to take over at Hastings last year. The geographical position and road links etc and abundance of other clubs in the south east makes player recruitment so difficult. I always watch them a few times during the season as well and they were great value last season with the goals they scored. They are unashamedly my other team and I've been watching them on-and-off since the late 80's.

They've moved quickly to get Hinshelwood in, so they knew a resignation was on the cards. Just hope he can attract players in and stay around rather than just be the next ex-Hastings manager.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why did the old boss resign? I watched Hastings a few times when the Albion didn't have a game and they looked a decent side, certainly scored quite a few goals and made the playoffs.

Same reason Garry Wilson resigned the year before basically - gave it a bash and one season was enough. He's involved with an academy as well and gave up the youth position at Gillingham to take over at Hastings last year. The geographical position and road links etc and abundance of other clubs in the south east makes player recruitment so difficult. I always watch them a few times during the season as well and they were great value last season with the goals they scored. They are unashamedly my other team and I've been watching them on-and-off since the late 80's.

They've moved quickly to get Hinshelwood in, so they knew a resignation was on the cards. Just hope he can attract players in and stay around rather than just be the next ex-Hastings manager.

Another reason given in the Argus yesterday was health concerns - apparently Hare had three heart attacks seven years ago and he has had problems with high blood pressure this season (Hastings were the highest scorers in the top eight tiers of English football this season with 128 goals but there were scorelines like 5-4, 4-4 and 4-3). Apparently his wife is a nurse so the decision is understandable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here