Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When we will get our first Hughton Out thread?

How many games will it take for someone to call for hughtons head?

• Total voters

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How many games into next season will it take for one of our more fickle fans to start a serious thread suggesting we replace the manager?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Was thinking about this after watching MOTD and looking at Swansea's results since Christmas. Six games and 1 point until yesterday. Do we have the patience.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How many games into next season will it take for one of our more fickle fans to start a serious thread suggesting we replace the manager?

Exactly.................What poor taste. Just enjoy the remaining games - Fans deserve to enjoy these last 2 matches. It's bee a long time coming

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
16 games. Just coming up to Christmas, get the new man in before the January transfer window.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Even if we have a worse season than Derby's 11 points I won't be calling for a replacement. If we get relegated next season than Hughton is the manager I'd want to take on another promotion push from the championship

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even if we have a worse season than Derby's 11 points I won't be calling for a replacement. If we get relegated next season than Hughton is the manager I'd want to take on another promotion push from the championship

We may well be happy to drop back into the Championship. The last time we were in the top flight didn't compare to the fun we had getting there. I can pretty well guarantee we'll be looking back at this season with misty eyes for many a year. I hope we stick with CH regardless.

Love us to be a force in the Premier League but it won't happen overnight and it could be grim for a few seasons.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

We may well be happy to drop back into the Championship.
Where has anybody suggested we would be happy to drop back into The Championship? Relegation would make next season a pretty miserable one for all of us.
The point is that long term, going back down may not be the end of the world - hefty parachute payments, plus a full season of PL booty would leave us in a much stronger position to get promotion than we were at the start of the season; more money in the bank, and some more PL standard players at the club. I won't be happy to be relegated, but being a bounce club is no bad thing - and it can be an awesome launch pad, if handled properly.
And if that happens to us, I'd want Hughton here managing it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
13 straight defeats (1 better than 2002/03) ending with a 6-0 obliteration at Selhurst should do it.

el punal

Well just to satisfy your impeccable timing with your negative thread - how about this : None. He'll be poached by Crystal Palace on the last day of the season with a huge pay increase, a 10 year contract and unlimited funds for player recruitment. There! :shrug:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"I said all along he couldn't cut it in the Prem, and I'm just sad to be proved right. We should of (sic) sacked him as soon as we got promoted and then poached Allerdyce away from Palace."

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You get the feeling he has taken us as far as he can,after promotion it seems to be going down hill,the Norwich game was pretty poor,if we are going to push for European spot then we need a big manager that has a proven record at that level,if you are not going forward then you are going backwards. We need to act like a top club if we are to flourish in the the premiere

Some have started already

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We may well be happy to drop back into the Championship. The last time we were in the top flight didn't compare to the fun we had getting there. I can pretty well guarantee we'll be looking back at this season with misty eyes for many a year. I hope we stick with CH regardless.

Love us to be a force in the Premier League but it won't happen overnight and it could be grim for a few seasons.

This.

The last two seasons have been just fantastic. No way next season will be anything like as exciting. If we don't manage to stay up, there isn't anyone better then CH to get us back up the following season. I have a hunch, though, that a bit of decent recruitment and CH's previous experience will mean we'll do OK.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Given a small few were moaning about the loss on Friday, you could well be right.

This. Pathetic. We're going to lose a lot of games in the PL, even if we finish mid-table but that won't stop the moaning. People need to bear in mind that every 2 wins buys 3 or 4 defeats with the points total we'll be aiming for initially. It's just a case of staying positive (which a lot of our fans can't manage when we're top of the Championship, so God help us).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here