Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
By the distance of 1 stride.

Maybe, but still a fair bit further forward than Nixonator's opinion that our midfield plays 10 inches in front of the back line every game, which is what I was responding to.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe, but still a fair bit further forward than Nixonator's opinion that our midfield plays 10 inches in front of the back line every game, which is what I was responding to.

You can't make that assumption without knowing the heat map for the back four.

What it does tell us, which does back up [MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] (and my point of view) is that the team doesn't play a formation that allows for a 10 goal a season midfielder.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You can't make that assumption without knowing the heat map for the back four.

What it does tell us, which does back up [MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] (and my point of view) is that the team doesn't play a formation that allows for a 10 goal a season midfielder.

I think in the later part of the season we were starting to look more comfortable, less 'backs to the wall'. Hopefully this will develop and we will start perform more as we did in the Championship, playing the same system, when our midfield did chip in with more goals.

As for the heat map, Proppers hot spot was not dissimilar to that of Sadio Mane in the 4-0 runaround Liverpool gave us. Obviously Mane had less defending to do in that match, but you can see below that he operated in a similar area, and he scores 20 goals a season.

image.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think in the later part of the season we were starting to look more comfortable, less 'backs to the wall'. Hopefully this will develop and we will start perform more as we did in the Championship, playing the same system, when our midfield did chip in with more goals.

As for the heat map, Proppers hot spot was not dissimilar to that of Sadio Mane in the 4-0 runaround Liverpool gave us. Obviously Mane had less defending to do in that match, but you can see below that he operated in a similar area, and he scores 20 goals a season.

View attachment 98693

We are both looking at the same images, aren't we?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Propper.PNG
Mane.PNG

There's very little comparison between the 2. Propper is FAR more defensive.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In my opinion, Mané has much bigger balls, but Pröpper has the bigger winky.

Love that, quote of the year. This has to make someone's signature surely!

Looking at the heat map it looks like the difference is that Propper is into the semis, whereas Mane hasn't made it past the 1st round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here