Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Stokes charged with affray

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Wouldnt argue but that doesnt the he right thing to do.in fairness to either party.

Of course you wouldn't argue, you daft apeth. I used to print them off for the prosecutors to take to court with them. Why doesn't it seem the right thing to do? It can be up to year after giving your statement, before going to court to give evidence.
Most of us can't remember what we did last week, let alone a year ago.

Last edited:

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Of course you wouldn't argue, you daft apeth. I used to print them off for the prosecutors to take to court with them. Why doesn't it seem the right thing to do. It can be up to year after giving your statement, before going to court to give evidence.
Most of us can't remember what we did last week, let along a year ago.

Daft Apeth. Perfect!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What a ridiculous comment. Not interested in some randon tweet. Jury - and everybody else on the planet - can see the cctv clip and make their own mind up as to what it clearly shows.

The 'random' tweet is being reported from the court room. You have no idea what happened before or after that clip of cctv.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What a ridiculous comment. Not interested in some randon tweet. Jury - and everybody else on the planet - can see the cctv clip and make their own mind up as to what it clearly shows.
Yours is the ridiculous comment actually. The evidence that the bouncer has given is clearly crucial to the case. If it's correct that he's lied about when he saw the footage and how many times he's seen it then it could cast doubt over everything he's said.

This is not just about one CCTV clip.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Feel free to watch the cctv footage at some point and post something relevent to the case in question :shrug:

I have and I'm content to wait until all the evidence is heard before branding someone as head mental.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Interesting point. The house does seem to contain some dark force that is forcing it's owners into unsavoury actions. The court case should be suspended and Mulder and Scully need to investigate this Chav Palace to find what is the root cause of this evil.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yours is the ridiculous comment actually. The evidence that the bouncer has given is clearly crucial to the case. If it's correct that he's lied about when he saw the footage and how many times he's seen it then it could cast doubt over everything he's said.

This is not just about one CCTV clip.

This - the impact of the defence counsel proving the bouncer has lied at any point or in his statement on the case (depending on it's significance) would/could be significant - a good counsel will absolutely shred him. Still find it incredible how many people are drawing conclusions when only a small % of the 'facts' have been covered so far - it's all over social media.

When I did jury service, we were sent into the jury room after the charges had been read out and one of the juror's first comment was 'He looked at me funny, he's definitely guilty'.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This - the impact of the defence counsel proving the bouncer has lied at any point or in his statement on the case (depending on it's significance) would/could be significant - a good counsel will absolutely shred him. Still find it incredible how many people are drawing conclusions when only a small % of the 'facts' have been covered so far - it's all over social media.

When I did jury service, we were sent into the jury room after the charges had been read out and one of the juror's first comment was 'He looked at me funny, he's definitely guilty'.

Top post.

Our Jury had the same couple of characters, who said at the very first break “He’s as guilty as hell”.

I would say that 9 of us, instead steered it into a methodical review of the evidence, statements, witnesses and excellent technical directions on law from the judge on sexual consent and other issues. I went away feeling strongly that the case and jury got to the truth, with the defendant and victim getting justice. It was intense and cerebral. Two older, good guys were natural leaders and managed us well. Attempted bullying of a nervous, undecided female juror was quashed by the rest of us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Top post.

Our Jury had the same couple of characters, who said at the very first break “He’s as guilty as hell”.

I would say that 9 of us, instead steered it into a methodical review of the evidence, statements, witnesses and excellent technical directions on law from the judge on sexual consent and other issues. I went away feeling strongly that the case and jury got to the truth, with the defendant and victim getting justice. It was intense and cerebral. Two older, good guys were natural leaders and managed us well. Attempted bullying of a nervous, undecided female juror was quashed by the rest of us.

Almost identical experience........pretty sure we got the right result in the end. We too had one undecided towards the end - a couple of our jury were telling him to 'make his mind up quickly so we can get this over with' - made sure he had plenty of time to consider everything he wanted - he was almost a whole day behind everyone else in the end (didn't really matter as an 11-1 would have been accepted anyway but was important to hear him out as may caused others to rethink)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Almost identical experience........pretty sure we got the right result in the end. We too had one undecided towards the end - a couple of our jury were telling him to 'make his mind up quickly so we can get this over with' - made sure he had plenty of time to consider everything he wanted - he was almost a whole day behind everyone else in the end (didn't really matter as an 11-1 would have been accepted anyway but was important to hear him out as may caused others to rethink)

That one for us was a lady, but we wanted her to do what she felt was right. The hangem bully found it very frustrating, which I quietly thought was funny.

I got lucky with 2 lengthy trials taking up almost all my 2 weeks. Some poor buggers sat in the waiting room with nowt the entire time.

I liked the experience.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
What have the Gay lads said about this Ginger tosser are they vouching for him? The flicking ash at them did not look to friendly tbh.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The trouble with this narrative is that it misses out the fact that one of the queer fellas makes a grab for the “groin area” of one of the Herberts’ later attacked by Stokes.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/B...-told-e78612b9-4a38-4689-98c1-71d4b6579209-ds

In these days of #metoo had Stokes wanted to be the defender of an individual’s right to have a night out without being inapproriately manhandled or groped by a sexual predator he could have meted out a beating to the gayers.

#justsayin
i make you right

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Of course you wouldn't argue, you daft ****apeth****. I used to print them off for the prosecutors to take to court with them. Why doesn't it seem the right thing to do? It can be up to year after giving your statement, before going to court to give evidence.
Most of us can't remember what we did last week, let alone a year ago.

h'aporth :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here