Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23 playoff semi finals this Friday at the Amax.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would agree that his delivery for corners was the weak point of his game but I thought for a 19 year old he looked good and the best prospect out there possibly with Sanders, Bjordal and Gykores.

I thought he was poor in the first half, compared to Alzate, but looked great in the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
There is a very good chance that if Villa win against Reading, they will stream the play-off final against Albion live from Villa Park (they streamed the league match against Albion live back in September and have streamed a number of other home matches this season).

It's a sad state of affairs when you're left hoping that Villa beat Reading (giving the U-23s an away fixture, and a harder tie) simply because your own club refuses to stream their home matches in what is the most successful season since the academy was introduced.

:nono::nono:

:down:

I cannot agree enough that the money that goes into this acadamy and players is in the millions. However, a set up that used to stream the games live, now offers nothing and often does little to promote the games that are free to ST holders. The more people that see and support the U23 the better for them and the club. Come on Albion sort it out.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I cannot agree enough that the money that goes into this acadamy and players is in the millions. However, a set up that used to stream the games live, now offers nothing and often does little to promote the games that are free to ST holders. The more people that see and support the U23 the better for them and the club. Come on Albion sort it out.

I thought that TB said at lunchtime that we couldn't show U23 games live. I realise that other clubs do, but I don't know the issues they face.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As was said on the TB Forum thread Tony got it slightly wrong in that u23 games can be streamed as long as the fixtures don't clash with PL games. 7 days is needed to sort the logistics
Do other clubs manage to play their fixtures when there is no PL game to clash with, but we don't? Something for the Albion to fix, then!

I'm sure there are man of us who wouldn't mind paying a small amount to watch the juniors - maybe on a PPV basis rather than having to pay a season long subscription to some tinpot company that didn't deliver anyway...........

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Do other clubs manage to play their fixtures when there is no PL game to clash with, but we don't? Something for the Albion to fix, then!

I'm sure there are man of us who wouldn't mind paying a small amount to watch the juniors - maybe on a PPV basis rather than having to pay a season long subscription to some tinpot company that didn't deliver anyway...........

I would imagine its a restriction to Premier League clubs and those that I notice are streaming more games like Villa are not restricted by that. I will probably not renew my seagulls TV as this was one of the things I wanted to use it for but feel we get to see precious little. Their service has been shocking this year even for the games they attempted to stream.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
As was said on the TB Forum thread Tony got it slightly wrong in that u23 games can be streamed as long as the fixtures don't clash with PL games. 7 days is needed to sort the logistics

PL games are now played most days of the week, how threatened do the PL feel about one of their own leagues threating their broadcast monopoly, bonkers if this is what stops them letting a few thousand people around the world watching.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Villa won 4-3 last Tuesday - so we will be playing them at Villa Park at some point. However, the Villa under 23s are also playing in the Premier League Cup Final against Swansea tonight, and their first team will be involved in the Championship Play Offs as well in the next couple of weeks, so who knows when they'll be able to fit in the game against us.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Villa won 4-3 last Tuesday - so we will be playing them at Villa Park at some point. However, the Villa under 23s are also playing in the Premier League Cup Final against Swansea tonight, and their first team will be involved in the Championship Play Offs as well in the next couple of weeks, so who knows when they'll be able to fit in the game against us.

Many thanks for the info.
And balls. That means I'll be thwarted again in seeing the u23s.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here