Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite spirit, spirit based drink or cocktail.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Either a bomb sapphire and tonic or rum....I'm on a bottle of Don papa rum which I purchased at majestic wines...it is a rum from the Philippines and is very nice...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Jim Beam, sacrilege I know for Scotch drinkers but I love the taste of whisky with the corners rounded, if you know what I mean.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I invented something pretty pokey over Christmas. Basically a triple of Tesco's Finest Salted Caramel Liqueur (think Bailey's with extra caramel-ness and a really, really small hint of salt) with a single shot of dark rum. Tasted like a liquid, alcoholic Mars Bar. Not recommended during marathon training or, indeed at any time at all except that small period during December when you're quite happy to lapse in to casual alcoholism.

That tescos stuff really is the business. I have three bottles of the stuff left from Christmas. Off to buy rum in the morning.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I invented something pretty pokey over Christmas. Basically a triple of Tesco's Finest Salted Caramel Liqueur (think Bailey's with extra caramel-ness and a really, really small hint of salt) with a single shot of dark rum. Tasted like a liquid, alcoholic Mars Bar. Not recommended during marathon training or, indeed at any time at all except that small period during December when you're quite happy to lapse in to casual alcoholism.

Just the sound of the liqueur sounds good. I've got quite a taste for salted caramel stuff, and occasionally have Bailey's, so I may well invest.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am a lager drinker but I am tired of it, would love an alternative but I have a problem.

My body is calibrated to drinking pints, I enjoy gulping it, perhaps two gulps at a time and the multiple gulping to finish when its someones round is quite satisfying, me and my friends seem to have found similar timings to our drinking so thats handy too.

If I had a short then I would be out of tempo, either I would need to refuse to take a sip and wait impatiently or buy bigger cocktails to compensate, thats my conundrum.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am a lager drinker but I am tired of it, would love an alternative but I have a problem.

My body is calibrated to drinking pints, I enjoy gulping it, perhaps two gulps at a time and the multiple gulping to finish when its someones round is quite satisfying, me and my friends seem to have found similar timings to our drinking so thats handy too.

If I had a short then I would be out of tempo, either I would need to refuse to take a sip and wait impatiently or buy bigger cocktails to compensate, thats my conundrum.

The world of craft beer is your friend.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
My tastes are mood/ time of year based..
Colder months: an 18 year old Talisker, or other similar Single malts, darker belgian beers
Warmer times: Gin ( Hendricks/ Monkey 47 or Bombay Sapphire Blue) and Tonic, a vodka and redbull, Kristallweizen or a nice blond Belgian beer.
On the odd occasion, a nice bottle of white wine esp. a white Rioja..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here