Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

D

Deleted member 22389

If Labour win they have all those promises to keep, going to be lots of pissed off people when they don't follow some of them through, they also have to engineer Brexit on top.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Amber Rudd claimed that police officers shouldn't need to use food banks because they earn 40k a year.
You think people earning £40K a year do need to be using food banks? Wow!

That figure is £2000 higher than the absolute maximum a police constable at the top of the pay bracket can earn.
OK. £38K then - if anybody is earning £38K (which is well over twice my income, now or at any previous time) and is taking food from food banks, they are either:
a). Spending far too much on addictive recreational drugs or gambling, or
b). Criminally inept at budgeting and managing their finances, or
c). Just greedy *******s who feel entitled to grab anything they want for free, whether they need it or not.

On £38K a year I'd expect any decent citizen to be popping a few cans of food into the food bank boxes, not taking them out.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
If Labour win they have all those promises to keep, going to be lots of pissed off people when they don't follow some of them through, they also have to engineer Brexit on top.

As opposed to Theresa May completely ruling out a General election last year and then turns on a six pence and calls one now? It's u-turn after u-turn and people just seem to blindly accept it, yet if it was Labour doing the same then the media would be having a melt down... I know who I would rather trust and it isn't the Hedgefund/MSM/Big Corp sympathising nasty party "representing" us all at the moment!

People have been subconsciously conditioned by dirty media to view Corbyn as a clown when the reality couldn't be further from the truth!

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

OK. £38K then - if anybody is earning £38K (which is well over twice my income, now or at any previous time) and is taking food from food banks, they are either:
c). Just greedy *******s who feel entitled to grab anything they want for free, whether they need it or not.

On £38K a year I'd expect any decent citizen to be popping a few cans of food into the food bank boxes, not taking them out.

Spot on. Anyone who can't manage taking home £2400 after tax should seek help.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As opposed to Theresa May completely ruling out a General election last year and then turns on a six pence and calls one now? It's u-turn after u-turn and people just seem to blindly accept it, yet if it was Labour doing the same then the media would be having a melt down... I know who I would rather trust and it isn't the Hedgefund/MSM/Big Corp sympathising nasty party "representing" us all at the moment!

U-turn after U-turn? That's two U-turns then - and two U-turns means you're carrying on travelling in the direction you started travelling in, so that is ultimately consistency.

larus

My point was, that people are saying the tory policy is some evil new policy.
People have been selling their houses to fund care for years.

My mum and dad could have put Nan into a shithole council care home and with some decent tax planning seen a lot more of the estates value, but chose a private care home which has everything Nan needs and this is being funded by the house sale.

My views are that you should fund your own care arrangements through the sale of your home and take responsibility for your family. The state can't do it for you.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

We're in agreement then :wink:. It's not the role of the state to provide free care if you have the ability to fund it.

It is a shame though that the extended family has broken down in western countries - a by product of the materialistic life-style. Too busy all the time.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
U-turn after U-turn? That's two U-turns then - and two U-turns means you're carrying on travelling in the direction you started travelling in, so that is ultimately consistency.

You're forgetting Hammond's u-turn on self employed NI contributions.

Weak and woeful leadership.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

Weak and woeful leadership.

No! "Strong and Stable" ;)

As in strong and stable for big business, hedgefund CEOS like TM's husband (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...gle-capital-group-philip-morris-a7133231.html) and the 1%, but **** the rest of us! The real sad thing is the sheep will still vote for it... It's laughable how manipulated the general public have become, in a black comedy kind of way.

Last edited:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
No, I think I'll leave you chasing your tail!

I will also eagerly await the announcement that the election has been cancelled!

It isn't me chasing my tail pal! Some people see what's actually going on!

Have fun with your protractor though! Timmmmmyyyyy ;)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Au contraire, I remember it well. That was, I think, only one U-turn?

It may have been revived in the new manifesto once the election was announced, I don't know. Good idea if it was - we are going to have to raise taxes to pay for necessary services in years to come. Anyone who thinks we can just go on and on and on cutting taxes (or pretending to, or promising too) is living in cloud-cuckoo land.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Again, 40k is double the STARTING wage. You don't walk in to 38k. 55% of those in poverty are IN work. More people are using food banks because of various cuts, the rising cost of housing, the general rise in the cost of living coupled with the decline in wages. You can deny it, act morally superior because you are lucky enough not to have to rely on them but it IS happening.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
How?

Mrs May - The UK are going to leave the single market, customers union, free movement, etc.
EU - OK, and the leaving bill is £50bn
Mrs May - I'm not paying that
EU - It's £50bn
Mrs - No, No I have a majority of 200 seats and I lead a strong and stable Government, we're not paying
EU - We're not impressed its still £50bn

So effectively how many votes or seats the Tories get is irrelevant, whether they have a majority of 1 or 250 the EU position will not be influenced by it.

It's just my point of view. But In your scenario, I feel we have a stronger hand with a bigger majority as it tells Europe they are negotiating with a united UK rather than just an elected government at the sharp end. It adds weight to the threat that we would walk away with no agreement and countries like Germany get lumbered with a much bigger pensions bill as a result. In my view, the bigger the majority, the stronger the mandate, the more the EU believes we mean business.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Page 35. "In her Lancaster House Speech, the Prime Minister laid out the twelve principles she intends to follow...."

Lancaster House Speech

2. Control of our own laws

That means taking control of our own affairs, as those who voted in their millions to leave the European Union demanded we must.

So we will take back control of our laws and bring an end to the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice in Britain.

Leaving the European Union will mean that our laws will be made in Westminster, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast. And those laws will be interpreted by judges not in Luxembourg but in courts across this country.

Because we will not have truly left the European Union if we are not in control of our own laws.

5. Control of immigration

And that is why we will ensure we can control immigration to Britain from Europe.

We will continue to attract the brightest and the best to work or study in Britain – indeed openness to international talent must remain one of this country’s most distinctive assets – but that process must be managed properly so that our immigration system serves the national interest.

So we will get control of the number of people coming to Britain from the EU.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/17/theresa-mays-brexit-speech-full/

Okay. Glad you cleared that all up. Faisal Islam on Sky News was surprised enough to call it 'significant' at the lack of explicit mention of them in Theresa's manifesto and thought it gave 'wriggle room'.

With Michael Fallon stating it's just an 'aim' to get net-migration down to the tens of thousands and The Home Office being as useless as it always is, I must admit I still have my doubts too. Tiered surcharges for employers rising for non-EU citizens and threshold increases for non-EU family visas to The UK too, but no explicit mention of such restrictions on EU migrants. Most strange.

After the Lancaster House speech we at least know that Theresa May is always a woman of conviction who never changes her mind, so I'm sure she'll deliver the red, white and blue Brexit we're all expecting. I hope so, as she's said herself the alternative will be 'dire'.

Strange how UKIP have now gone into overdrive in Hastings & Rye, and elsewhere, attempting to whip the fishing community up into a frenzy over stating that The Tories are going to sell them short and agree to a 12 mile limit on rights, and not what Iceland and Norway enjoy. Still, we know we can always rely on The Conservative & Unionist Party when it comes to getting the best possible deal from Europe. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It isn't me chasing my tail pal! Some people see what's actually going on!
I appreciate your difficulty. It is very difficult to see what is going on whilst chasing your tail, even if in denial. No idea what your Timmy protractor bollox is all about either. Is it supposed to be some sort of abuse? Never mind, don't bother - I'm really not interested............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here