Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Have you noticed that many Albion fans on this board have given credit where it is due and acknowledged Palace’s resurgence under Allardyce? Indeed, when Palace won promotion, a special thread was created on NSC, by the Mods, to enable fans of both clubs to exchange pleasantries, and on that thread Albion fans (grudgingly, of course, but it was done) congratulated Palace.

Compare that with the BBS, where not a single word of congratulation has been recorded. Rather, from that quarter, we have seen nothing but vile and bitter outpourings.

Albion’s promotion to the Premier League is the culmination of twenty years of rebuilding from scratch. Yes, the club has depended on the largesse of a single man, but that man is a lifelong Albion fan. Success has been achieved by capitalising on the chairman’s investment, not on the backs of creditors’ money. Yet all we hear from Palace is that Albion have “bought” promotion, that promotion has been achieved by indebtedness, and that, consequently, the achievement that is promotion to the top-flight has been shamefully tarnished.

I tell you what does tarnish a promotion. Leaving two administrations aside, an episode like Poogate tarnishes the reputation of a club, not just its on-field success. It was the reputation of the Albion that people at Palace, to the very top of its hierarchy, knowing the truth of the matter all along, were happy to see dragged through the mud. Once the truth came out, there was no apology from anyone at Crystal Palace and no corrective coverage from the media (which had been happy to make a story out of Poogate when it was believed that Palace had been wronged).

Palace have CHEATED...That should be known... They would love to have a chairman like ours and our infrastructure and the fact that we have done things the right way.. Every Palace fan knows this but would never admit it!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Nothing to do with the thread, I fecking well hate Palarse and their supporters with every breath in my body.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It looks like Big Sam will get his £3m bonus for keeping them up and we will play them next season. Murray to score the winner home and away wonder if he would celebrate the goal. I think that he would.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It looks like Big Sam will get his £3m bonus for keeping them up and we will play them next season. Murray to score the winner home and away wonder if he would celebrate the goal. I think that he would.

Who knows BG. I refer you to this post by Bozza on the main Palace thread:

Never wanted to leave. Scored at the Amex and, privately, spoke about it being "for the wrong club". Has displayed huge amounts of desire about scoring Albion goals this season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Palace were never going down, they have far too many good players for that, but i would have loved to have seen Phil Thompson's face as Benteke scored the winner :)

BBS is full of idiots sadly like most boards, I have a few Palace mates who sent me good messages following our promotion and how next season will be better now we are in the Premier League.

All of them are ofcourse already predicting we beat them with Glenn scoring the winner...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Have you noticed that many Albion fans on this board have given credit where it is due and acknowledged Palace’s resurgence under Allardyce? Indeed, when Palace won promotion, a special thread was created on NSC, by the Mods, to enable fans of both clubs to exchange pleasantries, and on that thread Albion fans (grudgingly, of course, but it was done) congratulated Palace.

).

I don't recall such a thread , was it moved ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I hate Palace as much as the next Sussexman, but fair play to them, what a turn around they've had in the past few weeks. Let's not trivialize their victories - scalping Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal is a huge achievement. I am glad they're staying up and waiting for us, because we're coming for them! Can't wait for the country to finally, finally acknowledge our rivalry.

How can the country acknowledge the rivalry when, firstly, it doesn't understand it and secondly, openly laughs at it.
Most older BHA fans, scratch their heads and wonder where it all came from. Amongst them, it doesn't generate a fraction of the passion and fervour that many of the younger generations revel in. They hate attending games v Palace, rife with underlying tension and animosity. A simmering hotbed of contrived resentment. Games v Palace are ugly and undesirable. Horrible experiences made worst by the dross that crawls out of the woodwork and manages, somehow to get tickets and sets out for a day of confrontation.
Over 40 years, I have been to many Palace games, home and away and generally, they get the better of us. In that time, I have been attacked, spat at, pelted with coins, chased and generally inconvenienced. Games v Palace are a thoroughly miserable experience and you just know already that they will take six points off us.
But never mind, keep singing this banal song if it keeps you happy.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
How can the country acknowledge the rivalry when, firstly, it doesn't understand it and secondly, openly laughs at it.
Most older BHA fans, scratch their heads and wonder where it all came from. Amongst them, it doesn't generate a fraction of the passion and fervour that many of the younger generations revel in. They hate attending games v Palace, rife with underlying tension and animosity. A simmering hotbed of contrived resentment. Games v Palace are ugly and undesirable. Horrible experiences made worst by the dross that crawls out of the woodwork and manages, somehow to get tickets and sets out for a day of confrontation.
Over 40 years, I have been to many Palace games, home and away and generally, they get the better of us. In that time, I have been attacked, spat at, pelted with coins, chased and generally inconvenienced. Games v Palace are a thoroughly miserable experience and you just know already that they will take six points off us.

Who cares what fans of other clubs think! I HATE Palace and always will!

theboybilly

I can't disagree with any of that. A visit to Selhurst is a chore I no longer wish to repeat. Palace can't seem to sustain a decent pub in the area any more and there's the likelihood of being kept back for ages after the match. Selhurst Park itself is worse than most League 2 grounds for facilities. I'll giving this one a miss - it's just not an enjoyable day out

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I can't disagree with any of that. A visit to Selhurst is a chore I no longer wish to repeat. Palace can't seem to sustain a decent pub in the area any more and there's the likelihood of being kept back for ages after the match. Selhurst Park itself is worse than most League 2 grounds for facilities. I'll giving this one a miss - it's just not an enjoyable day out

Plenty of decent pubs and clubs for the home fans to drink in around Selhurst, Compared to the AMEX which has bugger all around it.

The Arthur Wait stand is a hole, that's a given, But the facilities in the other three stands for the home fans are fine. Perhaps you just missed your padded seat?

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Plenty of decent pubs and clubs for the home fans to drink in around Selhurst, Compared to the AMEX which has bugger all around it.

The Arthur Wait stand is a hole, that's a given, Buy the facilities in the other three stands for the home fans are fine. Perhaps you just missed your padded seat?

You would probably only pay 1 pence in the pound if you did buy the facilities!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Who knows BG. I refer you to this post by Bozza on the main Palace thread:

Never wanted to leave. Scored at the Amex and, privately, spoke about it being "for the wrong club". Has displayed huge amounts of desire about scoring Albion goals this season.

Must be true then.
Maybe I imagined him hobbling on to the Amex pitch after the playoff game. On crutches and in a knee brace, he made it over to our fans to celebrate , with a big smile on his face.
He must of been dying inside.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

The Arthur Wait stand is a hole, that's a given, But the facilities in the other three stands for the home fans are fine. Perhaps you just missed your padded seat?

Brighton fans normally drink miles away from Selhurst anyway.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Must be true then.
Maybe I imagined him hobbling on to the Amex pitch after the playoff game. On crutches and in a knee brace, he made it over to our fans to celebrate , with a big smile on his face.
He must of been dying inside.

It must be wonderful for you lot to watch him score the goals that fire us to the Premier League.

And as an aside, even when he played for you lot, he still ran round Preston park wearing his old BHA training top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here