Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've had an amazing run and all credit to the team.....

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
:lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But... We are not top 2 material sadly. We had a great run in the first half of the season with a fair sprinkling of luck. But in the last 3 months we've been very average. The good news is we should make the play offs.

The sooner we manage this expectation the better. Our squad is excellent, and we have done brilliantly to get top 2 but we simply dont have enough to sustain this.
ok mate

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
More thread police. I have to say, personally, and for quite a while, I have been watching a very under par team from that I was watching for the first 12 weeks or so. Whether the pressure is getting to them I have no idea. But please remind me of the last time we actually had a good game. Not one where we got away with it or scraped a lucky win. I mean the last time we actually played well. Obviously this will be subjective depending on who you are. But in MY opinion, remember that word, opinion, we have gone a long time since we last played well and won. I am ever the optimist and our next good win is always around the corner. I just hope this isn't one of them extremely long corners.

Lots of love,
Mr Pretty Damned Worried Now
You are spot on

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just read this from Steve McLaren:

"We've gone from a team who were hard to beat and defended very, very well to conceding seven in two games and you don't collect points doing that.

"This is the first defeat at home since September so let's not panic and over-react and say the wheels have come off, but we have to work hard on the training field."

Chimes rather well with our situation - not keeping the clean sheets, but as he says all you can do is go back to basics and don't over react. It might not come right, but it probably will.

Yes . . . but we are top of the league. I appreciate that all we did today was win with a clean sheet, away, against a team knocking on the door of the door to the playoffs, but I can't really muster up a death-dive just yet, and I INVENTED the CLENCH! :ascarf::facepalm::lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But... We are not top 2 material sadly. We had a great run in the first half of the season with a fair sprinkling of luck. But in the last 3 months we've been very average. The good news is we should make the play offs.

The sooner we manage this expectation the better. Our squad is excellent, and we have done brilliantly to get top 2 but we simply dont have enough to sustain this.

Yeah, about that...

:wrong::wrong::wrong:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia

Oh yeah? :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
4 points clear - effectively 5 with goal difference - should be plenty at this stage. Huddersfield brought in some decent loan players but their squad is still way weaker than ours. One or two injuries and they'll struggle. No other side is consistent enough to overhaul us.

That said there are some worrying traits at the moment, careless passing and control under pressure particularly, but making teams press us to force mistakes tires them out by 70 minutes, which is when it should be game on for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know when you read a bounced thread with a little bit of trepidation and then go "phew"? Yeah, that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

You plonker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here