Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] John Lewis Christmas ad 2016

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Has anyone seen the Waitrose Christmas advert (sorry if already posted).

Now that *is* good.

No, but I'm confused. Shurely Waitrose and John Lewis are the same outfit, are they trying to monopolise the Christmas ad market??

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
No, but I'm confused. Shurely Waitrose and John Lewis are the same outfit, are they trying to monopolise the Christmas ad market??

John Lewis have the trampoline advert -

Waitrose have the flying Robin advert.

I guess they each want an identity.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, but you get a 4 yr warranty on their electrical goods. A good thing in this age of televisions lasting as long as an X factor contestants career.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Are you serious ? TV's last FOREVER in this day and age. I've not bought a warranty on a TV since my last old CRT.

Had my current one in the front room for 6 years, not a moments trouble, and have 2 other flatscreens upstairs that are even older and still going strong.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Are you serious ? TV's last FOREVER in this day and age. I've not bought a warranty on a TV since my last old CRT.

Had my current one in the front room for 6 years, not a moments trouble, and have 2 other flatscreens upstairs that are even older and still going strong.

I do agree. On my third lounge tellybox and the other two are now in bedrooms. And even if they do go pop they are so cheap nowadays it doesn't really matter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They price match Argos etc. and give you an extended warranty, so much better to buy there.

But the Sainsburys advert is much better IMO

Thought it was too long and too vague....said nothing about their brand or customer offer. Just an overlong stop-frame animation with no focus.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They price match Argos etc. and give you an extended warranty, so much better to buy there.

But the Sainsburys advert is much better IMO

Next time you're in London, Victoria Street to be precise, go to the John Lewis there and tell me you came out with bags full of merchandise!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Waitrose ad wins it for me this year. I love a Robin, and two Robins feeding each other is lovely.

Sainsburys is sort of good, an I like the concept but it somehow doesn't grab me.
M&S is just Pc trying to include woman nonsense. Father Christmas delivers to billions and yet his wife helps out with one. Well done. And it annoys me that she looks lke Helen Mirren but isn't Helen Mirren.
The John Lewis one has for me been ruined by the Obama/Clinton/Trump spoof which is infinitely funnier!

Small shout out for the carrot ad though, is that Aldi, I quite like it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
M&S is just Pc trying to include woman nonsense. Father Christmas delivers to billions and yet his wife helps out with one. Well done.

Rather than 'PC nonsense', I'd imagine that the strategy is to try to appeal to the people that probably DO 80% of the Christmas shopping!

And it annoys me that she looks lke Helen Mirren but isn't Helen Mirren.

But ABSOLUTELY this, though!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah Waitrose is the best so far by a mile.

But remember we have yet to see Iceland's offering and they are normally excellent.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i like the john lewis ad this year and the waitrose ad is pretty good...

my all time fav though is:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Rather than 'PC nonsense', I'd imagine that the strategy is to try to appeal to the people that probably DO 80% of the Christmas shopping!

Yes I get that, but I also find that annoying. Are women that stupid? I don't think so.

And the Helen lookalike is spooky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here