Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i360 buggered

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cant' say I'm that fussed. If I'm nearby and get the urge to take a "flight" I will but I don't see the fuss. You can drive up to Devil's Dyke and get better views.
Brighton is not, overall a very attractive city and I cannot imagine it will look much better from above. Although, I like the Guy De Maupassant school of thought on The Eiffel Tower. He hated the sight of it and that you couldntgo anywhere in Paris without it being in view .He had lunch in it every day because the only place in Paris you cannot see the Eiffel Tower is inside the Eiffel Tower.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Same quality of research you put into your leave vote, I see. :whistle:

Has it really taken 10 pages for Brexit to rear its ugly head? Maybe we are starting to suck it up and get over ourselves.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll give it a go at some point. Like you [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] I'm not overly fussed, as you say, there's nothing particularly special about B&H aesthetically. But I do quite like trying to pick out things in the distance that I know. I don't know why I like doing that, I just do. When I went on the London Eye, I liked the fact that I could see the Wembley arch in the distance. I guess it just gives me a sense of scale, and the geography of the area, which I find interesting.

I'm great at parties too, as I'm sure you can imagine.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Cant' say I'm that fussed. If I'm nearby and get the urge to take a "flight" I will but I don't see the fuss. You can drive up to Devil's Dyke and get better views.
Brighton is not, overall a very attractive city and I cannot imagine it will look much better from above. Although, I like the Guy De Maupassant school of thought on The Eiffel Tower. He hated the sight of it and that you couldntgo anywhere in Paris without it being in view .He had lunch in it every day because the only place in Paris you cannot see the Eiffel Tower is inside the Eiffel Tower.

Why didn't he just face away from the Eiffel Tower when he had lunch somewhere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll give it a go at some point. Like you [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] I'm not overly fussed, as you say, there's nothing particularly special about B&H aesthetically. But I do quite like trying to pick out things in the distance that I know. I don't know why I like doing that, I just do. When I went on the London Eye, I liked the fact that I could see the Wembley arch in the distance. I guess it just gives me a sense of scale, and the geography of the area, which I find interesting.

I'm great at parties too, as I'm sure you can imagine.

When I went up the Shard, the highlight for me was picking out all the London football stadiums, so I may be even more fun at a party than you

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When I went up the Shard, the highlight for me was picking out all the London football stadiums, so I may be even more fun at a party than you

As an alternative, Sky Garden at the top of the Walkie-Talkie building (20 Fenchurch Street) offers fantastic views over London. Can see all the way to Wembley. Best of all it's FREE!

https://skygarden.london/booking

I don't get invited to parties :down:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As an alternative, Sky Garden at the top of the Walkie-Talkie building (20 Fenchurch Street) offers fantastic views over London. Can see all the way to Wembley. Best of all it's FREE!

https://skygarden.london/booking

I don't get invited to parties :down:

Yep. I'll second that. I did the tour of parliament + big ben (just write to your local MP and ask) for free and went to the sky garden for free.

Was a lovely cheap day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always been a fan of Spinnaker Tower, at Gun Wharf Quay.
There's so much to see from the top, that's before you even look into the distance!

There's no way this tower can have the same appeal, it's always struck me as a bit of an oddity.
Which I guess is in keeping with Brighton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it correct that you can mince up with a utility bill and some ID, and get on HALF PRICE if you've got a BN postcode ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like you need to join a membership scheme for a pound to get half price.

http://britishairwaysi360.com/plan-your-visit/resident-membership/

Yup, you'll need the utility bill, photo id and a quid, and queue up with folks who haven't pre-booked the ride. They take a ridiculously grainy photo and issue you with an id card on the spot. It's valid for a year.

They seem a bit iffy about WHICH BN postcode you've got though. 'Resident Membership is available to people living in postcode areas BN1, BN2, BN3 and BN41'.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Is it correct that you can mince up with a utility bill and some ID, and get on HALF PRICE if you've got a BN postcode ?

I was told this whilst I was paying the full price, dang it!

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 14.17.23.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here