Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton Out

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
1. I prefer to call him Hooten (the clown) but you can call him Hughton the ?.
2. I checked the facts....it's no better......luckily for Hooten the season has ended or he would have been beaten him hands down.

1) Then you're pathetic. Whatever you might think about him, at least have the common decency to call him by his name.
2) you didn't check very carefully. Hyypia got 19 points from 22. Hughton got 24 points from 22. If you can't see the difference then I give up

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I was anti Hyypia you are correct. In fact i never wanted here in the first place. Something didn't sit right with me with him. Probably because of his record in Germany and how he was viewed. I was also very vocal with my Hyypia out chants at the Amex so much so i was drawing the attention of the stewards. He was an appalling manager and i was prepared to not renew with that clown in charge or Burke for that matter
Hughton was my second choice manager and i'm happy with him. I can also see the bigger picture and know he has a shit team to work with.
It's not just Hughton under the spot light this summer but Bloom and our recruitment team.Lots of fook ups last summer and i don't want a repeat of it again or spin from Barber and co.
On this basis i'm very much 100% behind Hughton. I actually like the bloke also

I wanted Hughton before Hyypia got the job but at the end of the day, with more or less the same squad, Hughton has done no better than Hyypia. What is a massive shame is that the fans, including yourself, hounded Hyypia out on NSC and at the Amex.

Last season there were a lot of fans complaining about Oscars "dull" style of game even though we had a patched up thin squad. So in comes Hyypia dedicated to instilling attacking mindsets with the aim of playing more direct like the promoted teams do and pushing players to their limits. Now it has been a complete reversal and with both Hughton and Calderwood being CB’s in their playing days I am not convinced that we will be attack minded enough to get out of this league with them.

I am sure we can resolve this discussion next season, and I hope I am wrong.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I wanted Hughton before Hyypia got the job but at the end of the day, with more or less the same squad, Hughton has done no better than Hyypia. What is a massive shame is that the fans, including yourself, hounded Hyypia out on NSC and at the Amex.

Last season there were a lot of fans complaining about Oscars "dull" style of game even though we had a patched up thin squad. So in comes Hyypia dedicated to instilling attacking mindsets with the aim of playing more direct like the promoted teams do and pushing players to their limits. Now it has been a complete reversal and with both Hughton and Calderwood being CB’s in their playing days I am not convinced that we will be attack minded enough to get out of this league with them.

I stuck by Hyypia longer than most fans and don't believe sacking managers is always the answer but if the fans hadn't "hounded out Hyypia", we would currently be heading to League 1.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

What do you mean a massive shame? Did you actually watch the shit being served up under Hyypia? He was without doubt one if not the worst managers i've ever seen at Brighton. No shame in letting my feelings about him be known. Not a massive shame at all.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The team have been shi*e all season. Before calling for the managers head, we should look at the attitude of most of our first team squad. That worries more. I can only think of 4 players I would really want to keep.

The rest have been very very poor and have not been able to step up to the plate.

Hughton has inherited a shocking team with a poor attitude. Personally, I would take away their privellage of training at Lancimg and make them work their f***** spoilt butts off in pre season.

Hughton out? Nah. The rot started way before he came along

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
1) 2) you didn't check very carefully. Hyypia got 19 points from 22. Hughton got 24 points from 22. If you can't see the difference then I give up

1. Yeah what a difference...you would have to be desperate to shout off about that.....
We are on a winless streak of 7 games that showed no signs of ending under his leadership so we can continue his record when the new season starts.
Nathan Jones 4 points from 2 and a team that suddenly appeared rejuvenated is something worth shouting about.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
1. Yeah what a difference...you would have to be desperate to shout off about that.....
We are on a winless streak of 7 games that showed no signs of ending under his leadership so we can continue his record when the new season starts.
Nathan Jones 4 points from 2 and a team that suddenly appeared rejuvenated is something worth shouting about.

That wasn't what you said. You said it was no difference. The actual difference is between safety and relegation.

As for Jones, it was only two games. Hughton had a good start and until last seven games had done well. You can't change your view when you're proved wrong. You said his record was no better than Hyypia, fact! I proved it was five points better so you've been proven to be talking rubbish!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I stuck by Hyypia longer than most fans and don't believe sacking managers is always the answer but if the fans hadn't "hounded out Hyypia", we would currently be heading to League 1.

1 win, 5 losses and 2 goals in the last ten games is nothing to shout about. Glad that you are happy with that but if the current stats continue into next season we are still heading to league 1.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When Sami left, Hughton was the man I wanted to replace him. I was very pleased when he was appointed, and I haven't changed my mind since.
Last season there were a lot of fans complaining about Oscars "dull" style of game even though we had a patched up thin squad.
Yes, but it was a 'patched up thin squad' containing an Upson, a Ward and an Ulloa more than this season's 'patched up thin squad'!
So in comes Hyypia dedicated to instilling attacking mindsets with the aim of playing more direct like the promoted teams do and pushing players to their limits.
Sami's 'system' MIGHT (though I have my doubts about that) have worked with players of the quality the Hyypia played with in his playing days - I think it's more likely that the senior pros would have got together and told him to sort it out though! The problem was, IMHO, that Sami never really grasped the fact that the system didn't work with the players he'd got, persisted with it, and the situation went from bad to worse (and would, I think, have continued to get worse).
Now it has been a complete reversal and with both Hughton and Calderwood being CB’s in their playing days I am not convinced that we will be attack minded enough to get out of this league with them.
OK, we'll see about that last bit next year. I expect an improvement, but I think it will take more than one season to get back to any thoughts of play-offs or better (even if we had Mourinho in charge!)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What do you mean a massive shame? Did you actually watch the shit being served up under Hyypia? He was without doubt one if not the worst managers i've ever seen at Brighton. No shame in letting my feelings about him be known. Not a massive shame at all.

I liked what Hyypia was doing and we gave Bournemouth a run for their money with a 3-2 unlucky defeat unlike the 0-2 loss we suffered against them a few weeks ago. I would take the 3-2 defeat any day of the week over a 0-2.

We have been watching rubbish since the 1-0 defeat at Blackpool.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I would like to see him given the chance. Defensively we are looking much better. Just need to sort out the attack.

Eh ??? This our worst defensive record for four seasons ???

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
1 win, 5 losses and 2 goals in the last ten games is nothing to shout about. Glad that you are happy with that but if the current stats continue into next season we are still heading to league 1.

Read my post. Are you seriously saying we should have stuck by Hyypia? We would be down now. Nobody is happy but Hughton has kept us up.

As for your mention of Bournemouth away, Hyypia's later games were more like Derby away and Millwall home. Complete disgrace. And you think we should have kept him. Really?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
When Sami left, Hughton was the man I wanted to replace him. I was very pleased when he was appointed, and I haven't changed my mind since.

Yes, but it was a 'patched up thin squad' containing an Upson, a Ward and an Ulloa more than this season's 'patched up thin squad'!

Sami's 'system' MIGHT (though I have my doubts about that) have worked with players of the quality the Hyypia played with in his playing days - I think it's more likely that the senior pros would have got together and told him to sort it out though! The problem was, IMHO, that Sami never really grasped the fact that the system didn't work with the players he'd got, persisted with it, and the situation went from bad to worse (and would, I think, have continued to get worse).

OK, we'll see about that last bit next year. I expect an improvement, but I think it will take more than one season to get back to any thoughts of play-offs or better (even if we had Mourinho in charge!)

Last season we ran out of fit players. We Lost Crofts, Stephens, Ulloa and KLL for a bit, Orlandi for most of it, Buckley in and out, and March went after the Hull game. After a good performance in the 1st leg of the playoffs we did well, but the second leg the injuries took over live on the pitch.

Sami's system was the right one for this league, but the players let him down. Do we wrap the players up in cotton wool for their pay, or try and get more out of them until they learn and become fitter?

As you say it takes more than one season, but didn't that apply to Hyypia as well?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Read my post. Are you seriously saying we should have stuck by Hyypia? We would be down now. Nobody is happy but Hughton has kept us up.

As for your mention of Bournemouth away, Hyypia's later games were more like Derby away and Millwall home. Complete disgrace. And you think we should have kept him. Really?

In my opinion Bloom was right in wanting him to stay. You have to ask yourself why Hughton wasn't Blooms first choice last summer or even in December?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Sami's system was the right one for this league, but the players let him down.

Really?

Playing full backs so high up the pitch that when the opposition got the ball and broke we were picked off with ease. The players didn't understand it, let alone know how to implement it.

Playing Gardner and JFC in front of Ince was completely bizarre, and when KLL got on the pitch he was
played central.

Hyypia was an honourable guy and a nice bloke, but without doubt the most clueless manager we've even had.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
He certainly does....fool

just-mr-t_o_608922.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last season we ran out of fit players. We Lost Crofts, Stephens, Ulloa and KLL for a bit, Orlandi for most of it, Buckley in and out, and March went after the Hull game. After a good performance in the 1st leg of the playoffs we did well, but the second leg the injuries took over live on the pitch.
Fair point, but this season we've been without Stephens for most of it, lost Crofts, and more recently have lost Baldock, March and Tex. But yes, we did over-achieve to get to the play-offs last season - although it wasn't down to our superior play that the teams around us kept losing towards the end of the season!

Sami's system was the right one for this league, but the players let him down. Do we wrap the players up in cotton wool for their pay, or try and get more out of them until they learn and become fitter?
We'll have to disagree on that one! IMHO, two at the back doesn't work, especially when the DMs are off chasing the players the full backs should have been marking, leaving the CBs totally exposed.

As you say it takes more than one season, but didn't that apply to Hyypia as well?
I did think at the time that TB's reluctance to sack him was because maybe he planned to spend a sizeable wad in January to get in players who might have made Sami's system work. Whether that would have worked or not, I guess we'll never know. For me, I would have had serious doubts and I'm glad we made the change, even if we had to wait for Sami to do it for us. Oh well, roll on next season, eh?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
In my opinion Bloom was right in wanting him to stay. You have to ask yourself why Hughton wasn't Blooms first choice last summer or even in December?

You would seriously have kept a manager who had 19 points from 22 games and was getting worse with time? I guarantee you we would be in League 1 now if Hyypia had stayed. You clearly didn't go to Derby away or Millwall home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here