Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Oh dear Wayne Hennessey...

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
If the FA didn't look at players being caught doing alleged Nazi salutes then that would be BONKERS.

Am I outraged by it? No. Clearly he's just been a bit stupid and it was a very silly joke that was ill-judged.

But it would be crazy for the FA not to be seen following this up.

Still OTT imho, give him a bollocking, move on. chip shop paper now.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
The trouble is people now love to be outraged, particularly by things that have no impact on them!

Quite frankly I’m outraged that you’re not outraged!!!

Outrageous response darkwolf666!!!!!!!! (still not outraged by the incident btw).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Still OTT imho, give him a bollocking, move on. chip shop paper now.

I think that's what the FA will do....and rightly so. No one (who is sensible) is calling for a ban or anything like that.

Still not sure which aspect is OTT?

The FA wanting to speak to a player who has been seen to do a hitler mimic is very different to the social media reaction which, I would guess, is full of loads of OTT reactions. That's just the social media way.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
I think that's what the FA will do....and rightly so. No one (who is sensible) is calling for a ban or anything like that.

The FA wanting to speak to a player who has been seen to do a hitler mimic is very different to the social media reaction which, I would guess, is full of loads of OTT reactions. That's just the social media way.

The twit did a Hitler salute, another twit photographed it and posted it on social media. If the non sensible's on social media have their way, the first twit would be 'stoned in the stocks'. reactions all round have been OTT imho. Chew his ears, slap his wrist and get on with it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

It would be most amusing of he sticks to his bullshit story when speaking to the FA and they then ban him for lying to them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be most amusing of he sticks to his bullshit story when speaking to the FA and they then ban him for lying to them.

Shirley it would be in our best interests if, instead of banning him, the FA insist he plays ALL the remains fixtures.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He used the full hand to mimic Hitler’s moustache instead of the index finger. So not only did he do a Nazi salute, he didn’t do it correctly!

This is the textbook method:

10ba6414f1fc2b910ee2dafffcaa694d.jpg

It’s always impressed me how flexible Cleese was in his younger days. His foot isn’t far off can-can dancer height.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As others have said I hope he isn't banned, as he's always looked utter pony whenever I've seen him.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
In fairness, the "believers" are very much in the minority. But it shows that there are actually some people out there, wandering around amongst us as seemingly fully-functioning human beings, who are allowed unsupervised access to the internet, and who believe that Wayne Hennessey's explanation of his nazi salute absolutely holds water.

Its a worry isn't it.

Having looked at the response to him being charged, I would say that the "believers" are now in the vast majority :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Having looked at the response to him being charged, I would say that the "believers" are now in the vast majority [emoji38]ol:
Where are these pray tell? Don't really want to dive into the fetid cess pit of Palace forums if I can help it.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here