Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham: a point gained or two points dropped?

Was West Ham a point gained or two points dropped

• A point gained

Votes: 141 55.5%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 113 44.5%

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
2-0 is a horrible scoreline and needs the 3rd to wrap it up. They got one back and momentum is with them to get the second like they did.

2pts Dropped

Yeah, I always hate going 2-0 up.

D

Deleted member 2719

Surely West Ham will look at it from the perspective that after 58 mins they were losing 3 points so with two inspired subs who assisted in a goal each, that they saved 2 points.

Hence we lost those points.

No brainer really.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You’ve managed to spectacularly miss the point of my post and compare it to a completely different scenario:

We scored two second half goals, with only half an hour left, yes, I excpect us to play tight, keep the ball and close the game out professionally.

Watford had scored their first 2 goals after 24 minutes (or thereabouts) so the scenario is very different, shutting up shop for 70 minutes doesn’t (usually) work.

Yes, and the context is West Ham have had a decent December taking 15 points out of 21 with Felipe Anderson in great form, Arnautovic a beast and Pellegrini throwing on all his subs with instructions for Noble and Antonio to come at us hard. This is the Premier League, it's not like coasting home against Burton Albion or Rotherham.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Scoring from set pieces and conceding from open play is a point gained and slightly worrying.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Yes, and the context is West Ham have had a decent December taking 15 points out of 21 with Felipe Anderson in great form, Arnautovic a beast and Pellegrini throwing on all his subs with instructions for Noble and Antonio to come at us hard. This is the Premier League, it's not like coasting home against Burton Albion or Rotherham.

Exactly my point, regardless of who we’re playing, we need to close out the game after going 2 up with half an hour remaining. In this context it has to be considered points dropped

If the question was put to us at the start of the match an away point is a point gained. After going 2-0 up in the second half you have to close the game out and keep it tight

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Might feel different tomorrow morning but right now it's two dropped for me

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The players will feel like its two lost ...so I'll go with them.....but another point on the total in our quest to move into the top half of the table

Anyway couple of easy games coming up :whistle:
There's no option of a fair point

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hope this doesn’t mean we will go back to toothless defensive away performances again, because we shipped 2 silly goals?

I’d take the point but definitely disappointed.

We’ve taken 5 points in our last 3 games. Huddersfield have taken 10 all season...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Players like Arnautovic and Anderson are capable of turning a game, they are match winners and that's why they're on the big bucks.

Tonight Pellegrini picked the wrong team but his substitutions changed the game. The match lasts for 90 minutes, so still a point gained for me.

I’m usually a grumpy ******* about points dropped but West Ham played very well in their purple patch. A fair result really. I thought overall we kept the ball better than we have many times at the Amex this season and that was a massive positive for me

The team are developing well and fears that Hughton would shrink back to overly defensive football are being proven wrong (and I say this as someone who has shared those fears at odd times)

I’m actually looking forward to the Liverpool and not sure I’d have said that a few weeks ago

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
FFS. When we were 2 up I thought 'snap your arm off for 2-2 now'. Seriously. :shrug:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Might fist my eyeball if I read one more red hot "point would have been great beforehand" take on Twitter. But considering how extraordinarily dull the first half was, and how averse we were to attacking away from home last season, the second half was a right laugh. Plus we've reversed the comedy curse of constantly conceding from corners. Need a keeper, though. Wish Nikki hadnae gone. Bet Kuipers could still do a job

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Players like Arnautovic and Anderson are capable of turning a game, they are match winners and that's why they're on the big bucks.

Tonight Pellegrini picked the wrong team but his substitutions changed the game. The match lasts for 90 minutes, so still a point gained for me.

Anderson was terrible tonight.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We scored 2 away from home, let’s be realistic, draw against Arsenal, beat Everton and draw against West Ham, that’s 5 points against strong opposition, we are going in the right direction.

Totally agree.
And without going all "Hereford", just reading that post back again is mildly surreal for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here