Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
These things happen. Luckily I used a free upgrade for this flight so can start drinking the lounge dry once it's socially acceptable to start doing so.

I’m worried about fellow NSCer Rodney Thomas, last seen heading into the lounge bar 7 hours ago, but not heard from since. I’m starting to think he might have delivered on his promise to drink the airport dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Live pictures from the control tower just in....

239927C3-D5DF-41FF-B4EB-E90E0FDA5F4E.jpeg

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
How is it that the UK media are all over this but there's not one picture of the drone?

I reckon it's the bus, hotel, and cab companies in collusion.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
You are right, all does seem a bit vague. Reports say that it just was seen flying over the perimeter... which bit of the perimeter and by whom?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Hmmm... I assume, these days, that the technology is there to remotely operate these things from hundreds of miles away. Fly it back to some rented garage, onto a charger, and back out the next night...
Apparently the reason they don't shoot it down is because the bullets could end up anywhere. Really?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This could go on for days, until they catch the joker. Latest LGW shut till at least 6pm

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At the airport for a second time now.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm surprised the police don't just send up their own drones, turn the camera on and follow it back to where it came from. Or just bash it out of the sky.

This got me thinking... don't the armed forces have drones? Surely the army must have something for recon? I'm guessing anything the RAF have will be a bit bigger and more long distance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hmmm... I assume, these days, that the technology is there to remotely operate these things from hundreds of miles away. Fly it back to some rented garage, onto a charger, and back out the next night...
Apparently the reason they don't shoot it down is because the bullets could end up anywhere. Really?

I'm not expert, but I suspect smashing a drone / shooting one into loads of little bits over an airfield, then expecting planes - which are basically massive suction jets is not an ideal combo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here