Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ryan to Manchester United rumours

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Walton is quality and will very likely be our number two next season I would hope, but it's a massive ask to chuck him in come January even if we have the option of pulling him back from Wigan. Button may be an able occasional deputy at the moment but I'd be worried if he suddenly became number one in the event of Maty moving on.
However, I think the chances of that happening are pretty much zero, so no worries eh? :lolol:

To be honest, I'm very concerned about how we'll perform when Maty heads off to the Asia cup in January. Would it be too selfish to want Australia to make an early exit, just so we can get Maty back sooner?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Reasons this transfer won't happen ...

It's in the Sun
His kicking isn't of the standard Man U would want
They won't offer as much as he is worth to us
He wants to play. (he knows he might at Man U, but will here)

Got nothing to do with the height stuff, which stopped being funny long, long ago

It will certainly be funny when he fails the medical as a result of it - they think he's 6'2"

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We have a spanking new youngster ready to take his gloves. Nothing to see here.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
30mill wouldnt even be a starting bid for Bloom to open the envelope I would imagine looking at what prem keepers are worth . 50 mill and you might start having discussion.

There have only been five goalkeepers sold for £30m or more in the world and two of them don’t play in the EPL.

I’m not questioning the potential value of Ryan, merely the repeated suggestion about the worth of goalkeepers in the Premier League.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There have only been five goalkeepers sold for £30m or more in the world and two of them don’t play in the EPL.

I’m not questioning the potential value of Ryan, merely the repeated suggestion about the worth of goalkeepers in the Premier League.

Until recently keepers have been undervalued but part of the reason why Ederson, Allison and Kepa have gone for such a lot of money is because of their ability with their feet and distribution which is a massively important part of how their teams play. As fantastic as Ryan is as a keeper, the one area he does lack in a bit is his distribution so he is unlikely to go for that sort of money.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It really pisses me off that he spells Maty with one t. Like, what are you matey Ryan now or what?

Too short n'all.

Get rid.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Well, Button is nearly thirty, but I guess that's young in goalkeeping terms.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Until recently keepers have been undervalued but part of the reason why Ederson, Allison and Kepa have gone for such a lot of money is because of their ability with their feet and distribution which is a massively important part of how their teams play. As fantastic as Ryan is as a keeper, the one area he does lack in a bit is his distribution so he is unlikely to go for that sort of money.

I'd go along with this. One thing that's stuck out to me of late isn't just the accuracy of Ryan's kicking, but his inability to get the kind of distance that, especially, Ederson can, and this sort out of distance -- combined with the velocity achieved -- provides (yet) another string to City's attacking bows.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah. If we're say 2-0 up in the 88th minute I almost hope he lets a soft shot squirm through his fingers or drops a simple cross. That should be enough, it's those mistakes that stick in the mind.

Corrected for you :D

Headlines - 'Four in a row for Brighton despite Ryan Howler'

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
To be honest, I'm very concerned about how we'll perform when Maty heads off to the Asia cup in January. Would it be too selfish to want Australia to make an early exit, just so we can get Maty back sooner?

There's no WC or Euro's in 2019, why not play the AFC Asia Cup in the European closed season?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
With his comments the other day, i'm sure he will be eyeing a top 6 move, there is no doubt he is from the upper echelon of keepers HOWEVER, he is under contract for three and a half more years so they can go whistle.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If you read the piece, he would be a replacement for DeGea, not an as well as.

But what about Romero? He is quality and would walk into just about any other PL side as number one (possible exception of Man City). Would Ryan want to go there and sit on the bench? Maybe if the wages were high enough.

Happy for Ryan to leave in the summer (for a massive fee of course) when we would have Walton back but Button from January until end of the season? Hmmmm

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ryan is good but he ain't top 6 quality

Like Stockdale : dunk and Duffy make him look better than he is. Would be a shame to lose him but wouldn't be the end of the world if the money is right.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Still can't believe Jack Butland is stuck in the Championship, I would have thought someone would have picked him up in the summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Walton has conceded 4 twice within his last 4 games..........as well as that being a bit of a worry, the locals are also saying Dan Burn has been complete toilet since he returned.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Walton has conceded 4 twice within his last 4 games..........as well as that being a bit of a worry, the locals are also saying Dan Burn has been complete toilet since he returned.

So was Duffy for the matches before he left Blackburn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here