Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Virgin Media - Burgess Hill

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
Any idea when the Virgin Media service goes live in Burgess Hill?

I was advise a while back (by an engineer) that it was supposed to be mid June, but heard nothing more, so have contacted Virgin Media but all they say is the service is not yet live. My existing broadband contract commitment has just ended, and Sky have offered me FOC exit fee due to poor signal (trees!!).....so am good to go

What is the general opinion of the Virgin Media service / package....I am looking at the VIP pack?

Thanks

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Any idea when the Virgin Media service goes live in Burgess Hill?

I was advise a while back (by an engineer) that it was supposed to be mid June, but heard nothing more, so have contacted Virgin Media but all they say is the service is not yet live. My existing broadband contract commitment has just ended, and Sky have offered me FOC exit fee due to poor signal (trees!!).....so am good to go

What is the general opinion of the Virgin Media service / package....I am looking at the VIP pack?

Thanks

I recently moved from Sky to Virgin in Brighton. Got a good deal [full TV pack, second box, full sports and films with HD for £70 a month] that said the internet is far slower than the advertised 60MB and I dont watch too much TV so most of it is wasted. Oh and their customer service is worse than useless.

Overall I wish I had stayed with Sky

One tip - if you do move over to Virgin media , sign up via Quidco or Topcashback. Usually have some good deals on there

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We're very long time users of Virgin cable TV.

Have never had any problems, the Tivo box is great and the clarity of HD channels brilliant.

After a long break to save money / stop the TV football obsession, we added Sky Sports and BT this January. Good value IMO and the sports HD channels are light years ahead of the non-HD sports channels.

Enjoy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
They all seem to be as bad/good as each other. The guy who fitted our Virgin stuff a few years back said that most people switch between Virgin, Sky and BT at the end of their 18-month or two-year contracts to take advantage of the offers from whichever one they are not with.

The WiFi is a bit patchy at times around these parts, but all of a sudden there will be a visit from the engineer to the area and it will be back firing on all cylinders again. Very odd!

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
Don't bother with it BT Broadband is the best with best back up and get a Now TV box look on Amazon and pick up Passes for next to nothing and you can see all the football you want.Vergin and Sky only plug into BT anyway.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We're very long time users of Virgin cable TV.

Have never had any problems, the Tivo box is great and the clarity of HD channels brilliant.

After a long break to save money / stop the TV football obsession, we added Sky Sports and BT this January. Good value IMO and the sports HD channels are light years ahead of the non-HD sports channels.

Enjoy.

We? Mrs Tackle is a big footy fan too. She's been pestering me like a frantic puppy to make sure I'm home early for all the world cup games. Ahem.

:whistle::wink::lolol:

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Got the new V6 box a while back, super fast, much much better than the TiVo, customer service ok but depends on who you speak to. I have been with Virgin since they were NTL, have no intention of moving to Sky, quite happy with Virgin thank you.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We? Mrs Tackle is a big footy fan too. She's been pestering me like a frantic puppy to make sure I'm home early for all the world cup games. Ahem.

:whistle::wink::lolol:

We = controller of purse strings me (by popular decision, no one else wants to get involved in finance & bills) & my football loving son (NS s/t holder).

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I recently moved from Sky to Virgin in Brighton. Got a good deal [full TV pack, second box, full sports and films with HD for £70 a month] that said the internet is far slower than the advertised 60MB and I dont watch too much TV so most of it is wasted. Oh and their customer service is worse than useless.

Overall I wish I had stayed with Sky

One tip - if you do move over to Virgin media , sign up via Quidco or Topcashback. Usually have some good deals on there

You don't watch much TV but you pay £840 a year for the privilege. Am I missing something here.?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
You don't watch much TV but you pay £840 a year for the privilege. Am I missing something here.?

The price is for TV, phone and Broadband, personally I don’t watch much TV, Mrs Surrey Jim and the two Jim Juniors make up for that.m however!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was Nynex...then Cable and Wireless then NTL ....now of course VM.......18 years plus...happy enough...not perfect..no provider is...normally get a call centre in UK...on the rare occasion I've been overseas I just asked to be transferred back here ..do the usual wheeling and dealing for offers....good enough for me

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Was Nynex...then Cable and Wireless then NTL ....now of course VM.......18 years plus...happy enough...not perfect..no provider is...normally get a call centre in UK...on the rare occasion I've been overseas I just asked to be transferred back here ..do the usual wheeling and dealing for offers....good enough for me

And now Liberty Global.

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
Thanks for your feedback. I have been with Sky for over 15 years, and only looking to move because I have to, due to trees blocking line of sight. Broadband on the other hand is with TalkTalk, and can't wait to move from them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here