Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best way (CHEAPEST) Brighton to London - Tower of london Poppies

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
2 adults 1 child HH to LB 9.18am train £33.50

Buy a Network railcard for £30 that comes down to £28.55 but you can't get on till the 10.01 train

The cheapday tariff kicks in with the first train arriving in London after 10am, not leaving (in this instance) Haywards Heath. That's the 9.18am.

And it will be £26.55 (down from a full fare of £39.60) with Network Railcard. You save £13.05, which is not a bad return for your £30 investment in an annual railcard.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
The cheapday tariff kicks in with the first train arriving in London after 10am, not leaving (in this instance) Haywards Heath. That's the 9.18am.

And it will be £26.55 (down from a full fare of £39.60) with Network Railcard. You save £13.05, which is not a bad return for your £30 investment in an annual railcard.

Only £20.25 with a Family and Friends Railcard...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What does an off peak ticket to include tube to Piccadily cost from HH? The price on Souther shows £10 return for the train only as I want to book 2 tickets, wife wants to go to see Jersey Boys.

What does an off peak ticket to include tube to Piccadily cost from HH? The price on Souther shows £10 return for the train only as I want to book 2 tickets, wife wants to go to see Jersey Boys.

The cheapest option in your circumstances will be train between Haywards Heath and Victoria, followed by the number 38 bus from Victoria to Piccadilly.

Bus travel in London is free to any resident of England with a bus pass (and I'm assuming you've got your WSCC pass). Tube travel concessions are only available to residents of London.

The 38 bus runs every few minutes and takes 17 minutes. And, unlike the tube, it's a direct service, with no need to change in mid-journey.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Going there next week with the family but I'll be travelling from Ashford (Kent) instead, depending upon the cost may take the high speed train. I don't know London so need to look into this option a bit with regards to travel times to the Tower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here