Votes: 6 7.1%
  • None/All of them

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I love the national treasures of Philip Schofield, Amanda Holden, Ant n Dec (isn't it a shame the troubles Dec is having) and Stephen Mulhern. It has to be ITV.

Good news for you pb, Ant is back in the New Year for the BGT auditions.

:clap:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Which one is yours?? They may not be as relevant as 25 years ago but the likes of I'm A Celebrity, Mrs Browns Boys, Britains Got Talent, Citizen Khan and X Factor still command huge audiences of over 10m and so still have an important role in most of our lives.

Not one of the shows you mentioned plays any role in my life. Common as muck shows designed for the lowest common denominator.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Men & Motors?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not one of the shows you mentioned plays any role in my life. Common as muck shows designed for the lowest common denominator.

This. I would contest that these shows play a part in the majority of our lives. They play a part in a certain section of society's life, someone mentioned lowest common denominator and that's not far from the truth.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
don't watch much television and i would guess 85% of that is BBC 1 though often via Iplayer. ITV is capable of producing some reasonable dramas but few and far between.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don’t forget Michael Palin’s fascinating documentary about his travels in North Korea [emoji1188]

Indeed, l loved that too. I have to admit that ITV do come up with the odd good series, Foyle's War, and the Bradley Walsh drama Law & Order UK are both very good. I must have seen every episode several times over the years though.

Bradley Walsh is a surprisingly good actor actually.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Shocked ITV has got so few votes for all of the favourites it produces.

:nono:

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
The BBC still makes some great content but refuse to vote for them - don't think that in today's world of hundreds of channels on Sky, Netflix, Prime etc etc, that it should still be a legal requirement to pay them a license fee just because I want to own a telly.

I get that in the 1950s-1970s, they ran 2 of the 3 UK terrestrial channels, but that really doesn't apply these days. Give me my £150 a year back and fund it through adverts like everyone else. At least then the people have a choice...

Anyway, post rant, I voted for Channel 5. Currently enjoying their series Warship, following the Navy destroyer HMS Duncan. :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Channel 4 has some great programming, excellent new, current affairs and documentary plus the Last Leg...

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
What is 4? Is it Channel 4, or BBC4?
If the former, why not an option for the latter?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can you explain why your so Anti towards people of the lowest common denominator and why you choose clearly to de associate yourself from them?

I believe the word you're grasping for is 'disassociate'. Anyway, it's not true. I talk to you don't I ;-)

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here