Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Noah All

Jan 2, 2018
The shed
Looks like [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] is on holiday!

giraffe on holiday.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
OK, gonna say it. Can we finish above Man Utd?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Still 2 points behind plucky little Bournemouth. Hughton out.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
OK, gonna say it. Can we finish above Man Utd?
Well we're nearer to a Champions League place than relegation so who knows? But no, they'll spawn their way to 6th.

What's happened to Palace's push for Europe though? Their ridiculously expensive, overpaid bunch of World Class players don't seem to be able to get them away from the relegation dogfight. This can't be right. They told us so......

Mind the GAP.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well we're nearer to a Champions League place than relegation so who knows? But no, they'll spawn their way to 6th.

What's happened to Palace's push for Europe though? Their ridiculously expensive, overpaid bunch of World Class players don't seem to be able to get them away from the relegation dogfight. This can't be right. They told us so......

Mind the GAP.

Benteke, Sorloth, Meyer, Zaha, Townshend, Van Aanholt, Schlupp, Sakho are on incredible money, 2 or 3 times that of our typical player’s wages. Parish really is shit on footballing strategy.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sh1t, didn't realise it was that close, we MUST and I mean MUST get TWO points by Feb '19 or we're not going to be on track to stay up. If we can't get FIVE points by March we also risk still being safe FFS! I'm in dream land!

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
How many games can we now lose before I have to start bed wetting again, must be a few.

If you look at the tracker it does show why we should all calm down a little bit - We are 4 points ahead on the tracker and that gives us a little breathing space, but not much. In order to stay on the tracker we need to win five home games in a row later in the season and go on a run of only one defeat in eight games - when was the last time we won five home games on the trot in the top division? I suspect we have never done it. What we do have, is some winnable games before that (starting with Saturday) where we can build that buffer some more. I am thrilled with where we are, and if we can keep stretching that gap I might stop looking over our shoulders - but not yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here