Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 10 years of Cover versions that absolutely SPANK the originals .......... over to you

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

First 2 and half minutes are just noise, I'm sorry throwing the Kitchen Sink at it with a cast of thousands doesn't improve it one bit.

His vocals are very weak as well.

Its a NO from me, only good thing is I am about to play Low all the way through for the next 45 minutes...

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Also

Respect - Aretha Franklin (original by otis redding)
Downtown Train - Rod Stewart (original by Tom Waits)
Don't Turn Around - I Prefer the Ace of Base version, but also like the Aswad version (originally by Tina Turner)
Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor (originally by Prince)
I Love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett (originally by the Arrows)
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper (originally by Robert Hazard)
Killing Me Softly - Roberta Flack (originally by Lori Leibman)
Betty Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes (originally by Jackie DeShannon)
Tainted Love - Soft Cell (originally by Gloria Jones)
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia (originally b Ednaswap)
When You Say Nothing At All - Alison Krauss and Union Station (originally by Kevin Macdonald)
It's Hard To Kiss the Lips at night that chew your ass out all day long - Cherry Bomb Pickers (originally by Gentleman Jim)

The rage I experience when this pile off cr@p is held up as a great cover.....!!!! AAAAARRRGGH!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Industrial electronic music is not for me, but I noticed that Laibach did a whole album of Beatles covers, is their version of Get Back the best on this album?

It's well worth listening to anything they do

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This song was made for Moz to cover.

He may be a pretender playing guitar, but his melancholic voice brings back memories of a musical place in the past we've been cast out of.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
TBH, a lot of this thread is like that. It's moved from being about great cover versions to any cover versions.

Any cover version of anything by Bob Dylan. How could such a talented songsmith and artist be such an abysmal singer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any cover version of anything by Bob Dylan. How could such a talented songsmith and artist be such an abysmal singer.

He is an acquired taste, pretty well the only versions of his songs that I prefer by another band or artist are by the Byrds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here