Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray

Most of Murrays goals appear to be flukes and penalties . . . They all count but he's nowhere near as stylish a striker blah blah

Double figures on the flukes :)

One of the constant weirdnesses is how unloved Murray is

D

Deleted member 2719

Double figures on the flukes :)

One of the constant weirdnesses is how unloved Murray is

Maybe its because of his long affection with Palaces orange man.

Bobby is Blue and White through the middle with a touch of claret.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Most of Murrays goals appear to be flukes and penalties . . . They all count but he's nowhere near as stylish a striker as many.

John Byrne was quality
Nelson was good
I forgot about Nogan, but he did the business for a while
Robinson/Ritchie had moments at the top level

Frank Worthington anyone :lolol:

Ward and BZ will always be up there.

Maybe in 2 years when we're fighting for a Euro spot we'll add Locadia to this list?

Unable to praise the consistent contributions of a great striker for us Murray.

Bizarre for an Albion fan.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
it's interesting as I still don't think he's quite as adored by Brighton fans in general as Zamora is but you could argue that he's had a more successful Albion career than BZ. Obviously his time as Palace tainted his reputation somewhat but even in his first spell he'd get a LOT of criticism

Zamora represented a bit of a 'phoenix from the flames' period at the club and for fans of a certain generation (mine included) he was the first good player we'd seen at the club

Murray has played more games for us overall and scored more goals in the top 2 divisions for us than Zamora did- plus he got the goals to help us to promotion

If you had to pick players or people to credit with saving the club BZ would have to be in the top 5 or ten, that makes him in a way untouchable but its good Murrey looks like breaking records, thats what success does..

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Funny that on the day he equalled Bobby's goal tally.
Both Bobby and Leo got louder receptions than Glenn.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Was today his best ever performance for us? I thought it was faultless. Well done for taking competition for places the right way

Camship

Sep 16, 2012
Scored more goals so far this season than any other player at one of the bottom half clubs. Who would've predicted that at the start of the season

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Scored more goals so far this season than any other player at one of the bottom half clubs. Who would've predicted that at the start of the season

I would have - love him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here