Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
either way I thought it was poor taste , i'm entitled to my view Harry
regrds
DR

Poor taste? OK. I'm sorry if I offended you.

But it was an analogy, and I hope you'll agree that the poster whose comment mine was directed was also guilty of poor taste.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Whilst I have massive sympathy for those who lost their lives and their loved one's, to totally exonerate Liverpool fans of any blame on the day is extremely misguided. Can they all honestly say they turned up in plenty of time for kick off, stone cold sober and all in possession of tickets? That I very much doubt. The Police did not cover themselves in glory and clearly panicked, hence opening the gates to the Leppings Lane end, the fault does not rest entirely with the Police. It was a disaster waiting to happen, some blame should be apportioned to all participants. Lessons have been learnt, changes implemented. No sense or fairness in going after blood now.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Whilst I have massive sympathy for those who lost their lives and their loved one's, to totally exonerate Liverpool fans of any blame on the day is extremely misguided. Can they all honestly say they turned up in plenty of time for kick off, stone cold sober and all in possession of tickets? That I very much doubt. The Police did not cover themselves in glory and clearly panicked, hence opening the gates to the Leppings Lane end, the fault does not rest entirely with the Police. It was a disaster waiting to happen, some blame should be apportioned to all participants. Lessons have been learnt, changes implemented. No sense or fairness in going after blood now.

Good grief :facepalm:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Well, words fail me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Care to elaborate in words rather than emojis?

So despite millions of pounds being spent on the investigations and hours of testimony and then a coroner and a jury finding the fans behaviour played NO part in the event, YOU still want to apportion some blame to the fans ? Don't work for The Sun by chance do you ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Absolute unadulterated rubbish. A court of law has found, by a jury, that the fans were not to blame.
The CPS has charged people with manslaughter, peverting the course of justice etc but you seem to know better than these erstwhile bodies.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So despite millions of pounds being spent on the investigations and hours of testimony and then a coroner and a jury finding the fans behaviour played NO part in the event, YOU still want to apportion some blame to the fans ? Don't work for The Sun by chance do you ?

This. It is incredible people can STILL hold these views after all the evidence, the hours of professional, expert testimony, eye witness accounts etc. the years of reviewing this tragedy, yet someone can still spout ignorance like a badge of honour. Dear oh dear, it's sad to hear it to be honest. :down:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Sorry but that is one of the most misguided posts I have ever read on NSC. You need to educate yourself chap and then reflect on what you have written. Shameful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
and here they are. The causes of the disaster were divided into 14 questions for the jury to decide. ...The behaviour of the supporters, whether they had tickets or not was not one of them.

YES: Police Planning, Policing of the match at the turnstiles, policing of the match / the crush on the terrace, The decision to open the gates, defects in Hillsbrough stadium, licencing and oversight of the stadium, conduct of Sheff Weds FC on day of the match, before the match, conduct of the stadium engineers, emergency response and role of the south yorkshire police, the emergency response/ambulance service,
NO: Behaviour of the supporters,

via https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/26/14-questions-the-hillsborough-jury-must-answer

For attention of [MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION]. Read it and learn.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Appalling sentiments.

Tens of millions of pounds has been spent investigating it, millions of sheets of paper, thousands of written testimonies, inquests and peer-tested evidence has been presented, leading to the conclusion of identifying the culpable and exonerating the innocent.

And you still think you know better.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Honestly not sure what to say about some of the disgraceful posts on this thread.

You are free to think what you like of course but when what you think is not only so far from the proven facts and unbelievably ignorant, but also deeply offensive, maybe you should think twice before writing it on the internet.

Embarrassing.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Inexplicable.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I'd get a MOD to remove this post if I were you. I'll give you benefit of doubt that you're just badly informed and meant no malice, insensitive and misguided as your comments are. But because this is such a sensitive, appallling miscarage of justice and loss of life that's unique in British law, and it's a football matter, on a football forum, then you really ought not to be able to make such comments. It's not about entitlement to an opinion or free speech. This is an exceptional case, proved beyond doubt that the establishment caused, made worse and then covered up the deaths of essentially nearly 100 NSC'ers. Forget Paul Rogers situation, if anything should be muzzled on here, its people still perpetuating the lies and mistruths of that tragic day...like you.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Spineless senior police who couldn't bear to put their hands up at the time and say "we got it wrong". What they did to try and cover this up for so many years was a complete disgrace. I have less sympathy for their mistakes now than I would have had they admitted their failings when it happened.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is a legal matter now which will go to Crown Court, but I will list the people and the charges.

The full list of individuals and charges are:

Mr Duckenfield faces manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 men, women and children

Sir Norman Bettison faces four charges of misconduct in a public office relating to alleged lies he told in the aftermath about the culpability of fans

Graham Mackrell, former Sheffield Wednesday club secretary, will be accused of breaching Health and Safety and Safety at Sports Ground legislation

Peter Metcalf, who was a solicitor acting for SYP, is charged with perverting the course of Justice, relating to changes to witness statements

Former Ch Supt Donald Denton and former Det Ch Insp Alan Foster are accused of perverting the course of justice

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
In light of all that has gone under the bridge since the disaster and the pages and pages of legal judgements and the extensive media coverage I wonder whether an experience defence barrister could argue a case against ther client actually receiving a fair trial now. Just a thought?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I guess I'm old enough to be used to the idea that the notion of enquiry, evidence, fact and conclusion are fluid and subjective concepts to some people, those with pre-formed views, an easy disregard of inconvenient items, and the inclination to reshape 'facts' around a prior conclusion, so as to achieve a more satisfying perspective.

That said, I'm dumbfounded that folk who, on a football board, presumably have a passing interest in football, its history, its landmark moments and its tragedies, and who presumably keep informed about said isssues via respectable media outlets (the BBC, Times, Telegraph, Gaurdian, and not just the Fortean Times or Breitbart) can make absurd comments in a bland and careless fashion of the sort that have astonished quite a few of us on this thread this afternoon.

I am old enough to realise that some people will repeatedly reshape 'facts' to suit their own comfort (witness the discussion in parliament today about who is responsible for the flammable cladding fiasco).

However, I cannot fathom why anyone who will never let go of the idea that there is no smoke without fire, no football in the 80s without hooligansim, and no scouser without criminal intent is so naive that they expect to get a favourable reaction by responding to the latest news on the Hillsborough tragedy as if it is just another bit of silliness; best to move on; no smoke without fire, etc.

And if any snowflake rebukes me for lack of taste I have italicised the parts of the above that are ironic.

I may be old enough to be used to the insouciant stupidity of some folk, but I'm still not old enought to not give a shit, and not be angry when I see it. Once again, it is the careless indifference of individuals that poison the barrel, and it will be our downfall if it goes unchallenged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here