Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSN saying £6m bid for Ulloa today. Havent we already turned down £7m?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
From twitter -

@soccer_sauce: Our understanding is that Brighton have accepted Leicester's latest bid for the player and Ulloa is forcing through a move #BHAFC #LFC

Could be accurate, could be rubbish, that account has got a couple right and a couple wrong about us before...
Soccer sauce are known bullshit merchants. It may happen, but they know nothing.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
7 Million... Be silly to turn that down.

Bring back Glenn Murray and I'm delighted.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Bid rejected according to Naylor equivalent of Leicester:
[MENTION=13292]Rob[/MENTION]TannerMerc: Ulloa bid has been rejected for a fourth time. Always after deadline. Damn!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
[MENTION=13292]Rob[/MENTION]TannerMerc: Ulloa bid has been rejected for a fourth time. Always after deadline. Damn!

So can people moaning about the club lacking ambition shut up. Rejecting a £6 million bid for a striker who supposedly would like to leave is not unambitious!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Which to me would imply that Ulloa is not as unhappy here as some might say. If he was that peed off and wanted to move I would have imagined the club would have taken longer to reject it or negotiate.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If McCormack is worth £11m, no way should we sell for anything less than £8.5m

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was Chris Wood really that much worse than Leo last season or are people making up rubbish about 5/6M and a better player who's younger for a great player?

From what i recall Wood didn't play that much last season...seemed to do much better the one before with his loan spell at Millwall then at Leicester.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The way modern football is now you just need a Premiership team like Leicester to merely whisper Ulloa's name and he will have his bags backed, ready to go. I would imagine the sale is a formality, as much as it pains myself to admit it. My main gripe with the Albion at the moment is we don't seem to be very good at learning from previous mistakes, collectively. We are potentially going to end up as underprepared as last season, if not more, with the squad not bedding in properly.

Simply put, I would sell at 6 million and re-invest the money directly into a squad that has a worryingly weakened spine. Yes, Ulloa is part of that, but we must build from the back. A goalkeeper and CB is an absolute must.

I wonder how easy it would be to reinvest the money

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
7 Million... Be silly to turn that down.

Bring back Glenn Murray and I'm delighted.

Yes.
£7.5m (per the Telegraph) would be incredible money for Ulloa with his limitations.

The deal with have nowt to do with the McCormack valuation. We could all pick recent transfers around that fee for players far better than McCormack. The Ulloa fee will be decided by the highest bid and the Albion won't want an unhappy player about the squad.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
First match of the season might tell if he is still with us. He had a pig of match against Wednesday.

D

Deleted member 18477

First match of the season might tell if he is still with us. He had a pig of match against Wednesday.

The problem is the season starts before the transfer window closes... So if he doesn't really want to be here, we're better off sorting this out before the seasons starts and getting a new striker in before a few games have been wasted with all the potential transfer rumours still doing the rounds.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
£6million is a good amount, really

Is a fair shout,however i think we can get more,should ask for more,every other club does,so why can't we,and what if Ulloa is genuinely happy to stay put and give it a crack under Hyypia?

I would hold out for what we want if that is the case,Leicester will have to cough up-sick of giving players away over the years..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here