Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last exciting transfer window?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last summer was a binfest of bedwetters and lickers. This one is a complete damp squib, so far, and full of really uninspiring rumours such as Andy Johnson and a variety of other injury prone has beens.

The window we signed Ulloa and the first few once we got to the Amex were really exciting. Probably the most excitement was around the time we signed CMS. Quite amusing when you think how that panned out. I wasn't in the UK when we signed Vicente, was there more hysteria on here at that time than when we signed CMS?

Anyway are any of you even vaguely enthusiastic about this window or we going to have to wait until the summer for genuine quality signings.

We don't seem to do exciting transfer windows any more, I miss them :down:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I may be wrong but I don't think Vicente was in the transfer window was it

Edit: just checked it was 2 Sept, so technically it wasn't, but I thought I remembered it was later than that

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
With the Vicente signing it was pure shock that a player of that quality should come to us. With CMS, there were signings like Hoskins and Harley, who had excelled against us in Div1 and there was every reason to expect them to do well in the Championship. The feelgood factor about moving into the Amex just raised the excitement of that window.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Hammond (with Naylor's "return of a legend" nail biter tweets) and Dobbie tweeting pics of the view as his plane approached Shoreham airport was certainly fun. In truth the January window is really only ever exciting on the last day.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The Hammond (with Naylor's "return of a legend" nail biter tweets) and Dobbie tweeting pics of the view as his plane approached Shoreham airport was certainly fun. In truth the January window is really only ever exciting on the last day.

I remember it well. What a nob.

"Albion about to show a massive statement of intent with the return of a legend"...

...Hammond.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Glad to see we're not rushing into any transfers

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
1977, when we made a double swoop for Mark Lawrenson and Gary Williams. Although it wasn't a transfer window as such.....

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Summer 2012 - Kooshack, Bridge, Crofts, Orlandi, Bruno, Dave, Hammond and to a lesser extent, Dobbie.

The last exciting transfer window, since then its just been rather crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here