Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's what you expect for £10-£15.

Basic food and tons of it.

If you want posh food go elsewhere.

TB

You can get a decent meal in many establishments for 10-15 notes in Brighton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wife and I like foreign food and my nephew keeps telling me try Days but we havent as yet,

Thanks for this info. Please keep us informed of any important developments.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not been to the Brighton restaurant, but if it is like the Wembley branch it is best avoided. Rows and rows of food all kept warm(ish) under lights.

A restaurant that is Jack of all trades, master of none.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If this place is at the marina then I'd suggest Nandos is a better option if you have 10-15 pounds to spend.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If this place is at the marina then I'd suggest Nandos is a better option if you have 10-15 pounds to spend.

I'd suggest not going to the Marina in the first place, adding whatever you saved on travel to the 10-15 pounds and getting something decent in town.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I don't know why people go to the Marina to eat, most of it is boring predictable and overpriced. oddly, people like the idea of sitting outside so that passers by can see them eating there, I'd be ashamed If someone I knew saw me in any of those places.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't know why people go to the Marina to eat, most of it is boring predictable and overpriced. oddly, people like the idea of sitting outside so that passers by can see them eating there, I'd be ashamed If someone I knew saw me in any of those places.

I can see the attraction of eating there if you're from out of town and/or doing some shopping.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Walked past it last night. Dead
Walking Dead.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'd suggest not going to the Marina in the first place, adding whatever you saved on travel to the 10-15 pounds and getting something decent in town.

And for those of us that don't live in the centre of Brighton and who are perhaps visiting the cinema?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can see the attraction of eating there if you're from out of town and/or doing some shopping.

That's another can of worms HT, why go to the Marina for shopping ? it is either hugely overpriced handbag or designer shops empty of customers or its the Factory Shop, or The Works type of places. Must be the most boring job in the world working there. Oh I forgot the Jewel of The Marina, Asda.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's another can of worms HT, why go to the Marina for shopping ? it is either hugely overpriced handbag or designer shops empty of customers or its the Factory Shop, or The Works type of places. Must be the most boring job in the world working there. Oh I forgot the Jewel of The Marina, Asda.

You're a tough customer today :lolol:

The cinema then :smile:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And for those of us that don't live in the centre of Brighton and who are perhaps visiting the cinema?

Are you unable to go 2-3 hours without a meal then Notters ? if so, there is always the 2 Litre popcorn pots and 1 Litre Cokes to keep off the pangs of starvation in the cinema.:thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are you unable to go 2-3 hours without a meal then Notters ? if so, there is always the 2 Litre popcorn pots and 1 Litre Cokes to keep off the pangs of starvation in the cinema.:thumbsup:

I was going to suggest taking a sandwich.

Oh, I know it's each to their own but the Marina is one of those places that I just don't get. Probably a five minute drive from beautiful architecture and interesting pubs and someone has seen fit to recreate Crawley, Milton Keynes or Northampton's Sixfields but with boats.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why does appreciating good food make you a food snob ? If people appreciate good football does that make them football snobs ?

As for Jimmy's, I've heard horrendous stories about the chain - don't think I'll risk it.

I don't think he was saying there's anything wrong with appreciating good food (because there really isn't), more that some people are very quick to sneerily judge somewhere based on price/location and nothing else.

To carry on the football comparison, it'd be like a Spurs fan writing off all lower league football without ever actually attending/watching a match.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You're a tough customer today :lolol:

The cinema then :smile:

Sorry HT I've already finished my first issue of Build the Millenium Falcon and I'm a bit ratty as I won't be able to get Issue 2 with the free screwdriver for another 10 days. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here