Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did Izquierdo play last night?

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
He had to put up with playing alongside Murphy and Skalac last night. I defy anyone to look impressive with those two deadbeats in company. Surely the worst two players in the whole of the PL.

Wowzer, great fan we have here lads.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
His lack of minutes so far would suggest CH is feeling the same, or perhaps very cautiously easing him in. WBA on about 70mins, Bournemouth probably earlier had Izquierdo been seriously impressing in training, I think Knocky could have been replaced as he does tend to run himself into the ground. Time will tell, but since his 10mins at Watford, very surprised we didn't more of him in the subsequent league games.

Why be cautious about a £16m player?
They were clearly impressed enough to invest a huge amount of money ( for us ) in him. Why not back their judgement. Its not as if we have been ripping up trees and players are impressing enough to keep him out. His introductions at Watford and Bournemouth were far too late to have any meaningful effect and CH decided he didn't want a quick man on v WBA, to give us a ' get out ball ' but was happy to watch us give the ball straight back to them and suffer waves of attacks.
All a bit puzzling.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Wowzer, great fan we have here lads.

Ok.
Lets have your honest assessment of them. Did you have to suffer them last night? Not a regular poster I note and from your moniker, i guess not a regular watcher of BHA.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why be cautious about a £16m player?
They were clearly impressed enough to invest a huge amount of money ( for us ) in him. Why not back their judgement. Its not as if we have been ripping up trees and players are impressing enough to keep him out. His introductions at Watford and Bournemouth were far too late to have any meaningful effect and CH decided he didn't want a quick man on v WBA, to give us a ' get out ball ' but was happy to watch us give the ball straight back to them and suffer waves of attacks.
All a bit puzzling.

Yes, agree with you, I can only conclude that CH hasn't been blown away by why he has seen so far, because he would have played more? But he is a young lad, new environment, new home, new country, there is a human element of giving someone time to settle in. Think we all want to see him let loose though.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I thought he showed decent glimpses but like others have said he wasn't helped by those around him and especially with Bong behind him. How many balls played over the top to him?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He was our best player at Watford, I can think of Wolves, Sheff Weds, Rotherham last season off the top of my head...

Being our best player in a game isn't the same as having a great performance but yes I am doing him a disservice saying One but he still doesn't perform at away games like he can at home games. Maybe it because of the way we play in away games compared to home ones.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Give the lad a chance FFS.
He had to put up with playing alongside Murphy and Skalac last night. I defy anyone to look impressive with those two deadbeats in company. Surely the worst two players in the whole of the PL.

Martin Kelly, Damien Delaney, Joel Ward to name but three?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Na minha cabeça, Dunky. Shout louder Izzy.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
This. Except I didn't think he started that brightly either. He was ok - but nothing special (on last night's performance), give him time though. He's certainly quick, when he can be bothered to turn it on.

I was much more impressed by our two young CM, both of whom were technically excellent, calm, seemed to create time and had good vision. Not afraid to get stuck in. Give them some games and time to bulk up a bit, and both could be the real deal.
Totally agree the two midfielders along with Krul were very good last night

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Ok.
Lets have your honest assessment of them. Did you have to suffer them last night? Not a regular poster I note and from your moniker, i guess not a regular watcher of BHA.

Certainly wouldn't call them deadbeats, there's been far worse players I've witnessed. Regular poster no, reader yes and whats my "moniker" got to do with anything? I've been a season ticket holder for years.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Certainly wouldn't call them deadbeats, there's been far worse players I've witnessed. Regular poster no, reader yes and whats my "moniker" got to do with anything? I've been a season ticket holder for years.

Apologies. Thought it stood for ' pay on the gate ' suggesting you weren't a STH. I retract my assumption and nod in deference. Without wishing to prolong this discussion, I have to say that Murphy's contribution this season has been disappointing to say the least.
1) Leics away. First touch. Gave the ball away in the opening minute, on the edge of their box, giving Leics a free run into our box and scoring.
2) Watford away. First touch. Gave the ball away on the edge of their box. Watford breakaway only stopped by superb recovery tackle from Izquierdo.
3) Bmuff away ( last night ). Missed one on one with keeper. Our clearest chance of the night.
Not too many brownie points there.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Apologies. Thought it stood for ' pay on the gate ' suggesting you weren't a STH. I retract my assumption and nod in deference. Without wishing to prolong this discussion, I have to say that Murphy's contribution this season has been disappointing to say the least.
1) Leics away. First touch. Gave the ball away in the opening minute, on the edge of their box, giving Leics a free run into our box and scoring.
2) Watford away. First touch. Gave the ball away on the edge of their box. Watford breakaway only stopped by superb recovery tackle from Izquierdo.
3) Bmuff away ( last night ). Missed one on one with keeper. Our clearest chance of the night.

I did also think that (pay on gate)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My fears that he's just an expensive Elvis weren't alleviated at all, but it's not the sort of game, nor side around him, on which to form a proper judgement.

I assume that's code for:-

- Waste of money.
- Get rid.
- Recruitment team a shambles.
- Barber out.
- Not tall enough.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013

No problem. Pay on gate :lolol: funny name to choose. Tbh fair points made there, listening on the radio 3) sounded like a howler of a mistake.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I assume that's code for:-

- Waste of money.
- Get rid.
- Recruitment team a shambles.
- Barber out.
- Not tall enough.

None of the above.

Any signing is a bit of a gamble, one from overseas more so. For all our sakes, I hope he turns out to be a good'un.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Has anyone got a clip of when Skalak was passed the ball in acres of space down the right first half and he just fell flat on his face? [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ??

Poor Jiri was just clueless last night. He even chested the ball and fell over.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has anyone got a clip of when Skalak was passed the ball in acres of space down the right first half and he just fell flat on his face? [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ??

Poor Jiri was just clueless last night. He even chested the ball and fell over.

Poor Jiri indeed. Absolutely nothing went for him last night. You do wonder (certainly [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] did) if we'll ever see him in an Albion shirt again.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Skalak is an awful footballer

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here