Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Parking Haywards Heath

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Mrs W has just got a job in Haywards Heath and will be driving each day. It's been many years since I worked in HH and so I'm sure the parking situation has changed somewhat. She's working in Boltro Road and we've looked at a season ticket for the station car park which for £125 a month seems reasonable until you find out you might not get a space. The other option is one of these using someones drive apps at about £6 a day.

Can anyone give recommends ? Does the station car park get full really early ? Any free parking in the area ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Sports centre allows 4 hour parking with a free MSDC parking disc. Could she not park there then move the car at lunchtimes then go back in at the end of her lunch. Not sure what the restrictions on return parking are. May well be no return within an hour.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The Sports centre allows 4 hour parking with a free MSDC parking disc. Could she not park there then move the car at lunchtimes then go back in at the end of her lunch. Not sure what the restrictions on return parking are.
First hospitals, now sports centres. Anyone you do want to be able to use their own car park? That is a very busy car park for a very busy leisure centre.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Mrs W has just got a job in Haywards Heath and will be driving each day. It's been many years since I worked in HH and so I'm sure the parking situation has changed somewhat. She's working in Boltro Road and we've looked at a season ticket for the station car park which for £125 a month seems reasonable until you find out you might not get a space. The other option is one of these using someones drive apps at about £6 a day.

Can anyone give recommends ? Does the station car park get full really early ? Any free parking in the area ?
talk to MSDC they have several car parks season tickets can be purchase for and there is one in Boltro Road behind the town Hall.i think they are cheaper than the Station car park.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I came in here looking for a BG post and wasn't disappointed.......or the response!!
I think the best free parking is his house. Laissez faire is laissez faire so I am sure he will be delighted to not be able to park at his own house.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
First hospitals, now sports centres. Anyone you do want to be able to use their own car park? That is a very busy car park for a very busy leisure centre.

That car park is never anywhere full and many park in there especially students at the nearby college and office users at the 2 offices corner of Harlands Road/Burrel Rd.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The Sports centre allows 4 hour parking with a free MSDC parking disc. Could she not park there then move the car at lunchtimes then go back in at the end of her lunch. Not sure what the restrictions on return parking are. May well be no return within an hour.

Just tell the truth.
In the last twenty four minutes since your original post you've been down there to check the restrictions.
Then rushed back and altered the post :moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No I was having my dinner and to be precise I wouldnt go down there I would go the car and look at my disc which I use when I go to the gym. Just to help you out I always post and then re read it to see if it makes sense and says what I want it to then edit as needed if you wish to jump in before the ink has dried so be it. This avoids another Omsung Iphine, which is never forgotten and repeatedly brought up.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That car park is never anywhere full and many park in there especially students at the nearby college and office users at the 2 offices corner of Harlands Road/Burrel Rd.
Places For People Leisure must have run it into the ground then as it always used to be near capacity.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
No I was having my dinner and to be precise I wouldnt go down there I would go the car and look at my disc which I use when I go to the gym. Just to help you out I always post and then re read it to see if it makes sense and says what I want it to then edit as needed if you wish to jump in before the ink has dried so be it. This avoids another Omsung Iphine, which is never forgotten and repeatedly brought up.

What ink takes twenty four minutes to dry :moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Places For People Leisure must have run it into the ground then as it always used to be near capacity.

I have never noticed in recent times and never have trouble finding a space provided I am prepared to walk from the outside edge of the car park and not expect to park right outside. Any way its not my problem but was only saying of the availability as the lady may well be one to combine both gym and work each day.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The new multi-story at the station is massive. Surely that doesn't get full?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Get the bus.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I have never noticed in recent times and never have trouble finding a space provided I am prepared to walk from the outside edge of the car park and not expect to park right outside. Any way its not my problem but was only saying of the availability as the lady may well be one to combine both gym and work each day.
It's been a couple of years since I had to go there but I do remember towards the end, parking got a lot better. Around the time they brought in the disc system to stop selfish people using it for other purposes. Highly visible wardens IIRC. Sounds like it is still working.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here