Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2017 FIPFA (Powerchair Football) World Cup

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Needed to get the ball out against France. Needed blockers on MoMo, and Matt should be playing outfield. We have the ability to pass, yet got sucked into their game. Both John and Chris get sucked into dribbbles and that is what happened again. England managed by West Brom Coach, watched his team get beat in Champs League comprehensively by the French (moMo). Should have learnt something from it, yet persists with same strategy, and get beat again. BHAPFC beat MoMo with a passing strategy, and we were the only team to do so. Our only goal came from free flowing passing move, when they decided they had nothing to lose. Should have made a change, with 5-10 to go, yet persisted with starting 4. Sooo frustrating to watch.

US look a really good side. We are top 3 having watched most games now, although a US England game would be a good watch.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Needed to get the ball out against France. Needed blockers on MoMo, and Matt should be playing outfield. We have the ability to pass, yet got sucked into their game. Both John and Chris get sucked into dribbbles and that is what happened again. England managed by West Brom Coach, watched his team get beat in Champs League comprehensively by the French (moMo). Should have learnt something from it, yet persists with same strategy, and get beat again. BHAPFC beat MoMo with a passing strategy, and we were the only team to do so. Our only goal came from free flowing passing move, when they decided they had nothing to lose. Should have made a change, with 5-10 to go, yet persisted with starting 4. Sooo frustrating to watch.

US look a really good side. We are top 3 having watched most games now, although a US England game would be a good watch.

Very possible semi-final.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Beaten Uraquay 4-0. So the game of the tournament is on. US vs England at 00:30 in Semi Final of FIPFA world cup. Stream is on https://livestream.com/powersoccershop for those that might watch. Will be a good game with 2 teams that like to pass.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
0-0 half time

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
1st min of 2nd half
USA 1-0

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Going horribly wrong.
2-0

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Back in it

USA 2-1 England

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Good goal ruled out for England

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
FT
USA 2-1 England

Cheated out of an equaliser

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Definitely need a DRS system. Commentators said nothing was wrong with England's late equaliser.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Should have played the advantage as it was a US chair that made the ball bounce up and go in

It was the first couple of minutes of the second half that won it. England didn't get a look in at that time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
England lose their Powerchair World Cup Semi-Final 2-1 to the USA, amidst high controversy with England having a perfectly legitimate goal wrongly ruled out.

Proud of the boys nonetheless, and England go on to the 3rd Place Play-off tomorrow, probably against Australia.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Should have played the advantage as it was a US chair that made the ball bounce up and go in

It was the first couple of minutes of the second half that won it. England didn't get a look in at that time.

For whatever reason, they don't play an advantage rule.

Seriously unhelpfully, not every country plays by the same rules as other countries. They need to sort an internationally agreed set of rules sorted pronto.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Seriously unlucky. A great game, but we could all see it was a goal at the time. Not sure why ref did not give it. He was well placed to see it. Should have beaten the French. US are a very good side, but game of tournament so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here