moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
What was the score in the end

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Because football fans have a history of beating each other up, breaking things and killing people when they are pissed. Rugby fans don't.

I was in a pub in Bath some years ago when a bunch of rugger buggers started a fight with some rival fans, smashed the pub up and then fought with the old bill
when they arrived to sort it out. It does happen, you know.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What was the score in the end
24-11

Looks like the two on the ground were getting to know each other... VERY well.
(Ideal for [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] Art)

GeorgePerkinsEngFraU20800SB15_rdax_80.jpg

Enjoyed the beers at my seat! Forgot at half time, missed 3 points, then was reminded I don't have to wait for the beers to be finished
homer-simpson-doh.gif

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I was in a pub in Bath some years ago when a bunch of rugger buggers started a fight with some rival fans, smashed the pub up and then fought with the old bill

Everyone should just listen to Abba and chill.......:rock:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Would I be right in thinking that's a really good crowd, for under 20's rugby?

You would be. I turned out about half a dozen times for England U20s, and other than one game against Wales at Vetch Field which was on Sky (or Setanta I can't remember) most attendances were in the mid hundreds at best

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
24-11

Looks like the two on the ground were getting to know each other... VERY well.
(Ideal for [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] Art)

GeorgePerkinsEngFraU20800SB15_rdax_80.jpg

Our number 20 and that young Frenchman should really get a room...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Very rare though. I've never seen it myself. That's why there is no segregation.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bought a pint last night to take to my seat and it was flat so it went in the bin, the only trouble about drinking in your seats you would be continue to be getting up and down letting pepole past, it's not So bad for rugby as it has many more hold ups than football ,but footie flows more than rugby and I think fans would get more annoyed being disturbed every five minutes and that's just for pee:facepalm:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What we knew then - the Hillsborough disaster was caused by drunken fans so alcohol while watching football was banned.

What we know now - alcohol and drunken fans had nothing to do with it yet still, the law founded on Police lies and a Government conspiracy prevails.

A load of Liverpool fans arrived late at the ground and tried to get in, are you saying they were all stone-cold sober? Pushing the blame onto one policeman who didn't act fast enough to realise the repercussions of opening a gate for (I suspect) many ticketless fans and where they would go is being naive.

A Liverpool fan once boasted to me that it was standard practice to come late to the away ground and try to panic the authorities into opening the gates so getting in for nothing. And I don't rwead the "Sun" or work for it.

Dec 29, 2011
A load of Liverpool fans arrived late at the ground and tried to get in, are you saying they were all stone-cold sober? Pushing the blame onto one policeman who didn't act fast enough to realise the repercussions of opening a gate for (I suspect) many ticketless fans and where they would go is being naive.

A Liverpool fan once boasted to me that it was standard practice to come late to the away ground and try to panic the authorities into opening the gates so getting in for nothing. And I don't rwead the "Sun" or work for it.

Having a law based on something that happened a quarter of a century ago is stupid. Times have changed so much in 25 years with almost complete CCTV coverage and a good ticketing system. Safe standing and drinking in the stands should be added to the game. The sport is losing what made it a worldwide phenomomen - the atmosphere and the fans.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A load of Liverpool fans arrived late at the ground and tried to get in, are you saying they were all stone-cold sober?

Brushing aside your comments on a case which is still being investigated nearly three decades later, none of the fans outside had bought drink in the ground and drunk it in view of the pitch, so its fairly irrelevant to the current law. The current rule does not stop people from getting drunk, it just makes them stand up whilst doing it. It would seem more reasonable to let people sit down with their pint but to shut the bar during play to stop inconvenience during play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here