Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward deal NOT done (yet?)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Very much this. He was good last season, but we can get better. Wayne Bridge was a lot better the season before.

Maybe I'm wearing Ward-tinted glasses but I'd suggest Bridge was only marginally better than Ward who along with Upson was our stand out player last year. We'll be hard pressed to get better and if we do it'll almost certainly cost us just as much to do so.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Maybe I'm wearing Ward-tinted glasses but I'd suggest Bridge was only marginally better than Ward who along with Upson was our stand out player last year. We'll be hard pressed to get better and if we do it'll almost certainly cost us just as much to do so.

i don't think u r...Bridge was better at going forward...but Ward gets my vote defensively ..lasted the majority of the season unlike Bridge ...correct me if i am wrong but scored more goals ..which is a bonus

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
No one on this thread has any details about who has offered what to whom. They don't know if the delay is down to BHA, Ward/agent or Wolves - or a combination. They don't know the structure of the offer or anyone's negotiating tactics. That makes the advice being offered on here completely ridiculous.

Got that off my chest, now carry on please.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No one on this thread has any details about who has offered what to whom. They don't know if the delay is down to BHA, Ward/agent or Wolves - or a combination. They don't know the structure of the offer or anyone's negotiating tactics. That makes the advice being offered on here completely ridiculous.

Got that off my chest, now carry on please.

whats taken u so long :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
We don't NEED Ward, we need another left back, and of course we'll be looking at other options too, there's definitely no guarantee Ward will join us. If Wolves aren't playing him (and they've said they won't be), then they do NEED to offload him.

We don't need a left-back. We've Chicksen to start the season with, Calderon and Hughes who could do a job there. And if it's clear we need to improve the position they'll almost certainly be a Premier League club willing to loan us a youngster after the transfer window closes.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
But I was comparing him to the rest of the Brighton squad not Lewes. He was far better than Bruno or Calderon in that game.

In my opinion, Calderon was far better than Chicksen in the friendly v Crawley, so maybe it just depends on the opposition.

We need a left back to sign, though, whether as backup to Chicksen, or as number 1 choice.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They're not reliable.
I replied to a tweet yesterday from 1stopAlbionstop which said Ward had only played in one pre season friendly for Woves. I pointed out that he played in the friendly matches at Telford and Oxford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here