Which ?

• Incompetent

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Bent

Votes: 48 64.9%

• Total voters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I voted "bent" on the balance of probabilities.

But whether he is bent or incompetent doesn't really make much difference; he certainly should not have any role at all within the IAAF.

And if he has nothing to hide, why is he avoiding the Select Committee?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
8 years serving as Vice President of the IAAF, and we're supposed to accept that Coe "knew nothing" about Russia's industrial scale state-sponsored doping program. Even when people were SENDING HIM EVIDENCE. He's either incompetent, negligent, or complicit. Either way, he should be hauled in front of a select committee and forced to answer these allegations, before being stripped of his peerage and sacked.

8 years serving as Vice President of the IAAF, and we're supposed to accept that Coe "knew nothing" about Russia's industrial scale state-sponsored doping program. Even when people were SENDING HIM EVIDENCE. He's either incompetent, negligent, or complicit. Either way, he should be hauled in front of a select committee and forced to answer these allegations, before being stripped of his peerage and sacked.

co conspirator????

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think he missed early opportunities to open up the can of worms but for one reason or another (and personally I think it was naivety and not maliciousness) he didn't - the result being he's dug himself into a hole so deep that no ladder will be long enough for him to escape.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think that with organisations like FIFA and IAAF it is impossible to make that leap from "corrupt" to "clean" with just one change of President.

I fancy that Coe was probably faced with the devil and the deep blue sea whilst Vice Chair - it's all very well blowing the whistle but there has to be someone who has the power to act on it and enforce the toughest of penalties, and it doesn't come tougher than a blanket ban on a country the size of Russia.

For me the jury is out on Coe - I'll judge him by what he does now he's President.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think he missed early opportunities to open up the can of worms but for one reason or another (and personally I think it was naivety and not maliciousness) he didn't - the result being he's dug himself into a hole so deep that no ladder will be long enough for him to escape.

Naivity my arse. He was so far up Lamine Diacks backside it was hard to see where Diack finished and Coe started. Coe knew something was rotten, he HAD to know, but chose not to rock the boat for fear of jeopardising his own ambitions to rise from Vice-P of the IAAF. At best, Coe chose to turn a blind eye to what was going on under his watch. As a direct result, Coe's "very own" London 2012, and then Brazil 2016 (amongst other competitions) were severely compromised, and results and medal tables irrevocably warped. Countless athletes have been cheated and diddled out of their rightful medals by this. And all mealy-mouthed Coe can trot out is "oh....well you see, I didn't know..."

Bullshit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think that with organisations like FIFA and IAAF it is impossible to make that leap from "corrupt" to "clean" with just one change of President.

I fancy that Coe was probably faced with the devil and the deep blue sea whilst Vice Chair - it's all very well blowing the whistle but there has to be someone who has the power to act on it and enforce the toughest of penalties, and it doesn't come tougher than a blanket ban on a country the size of Russia.

For me the jury is out on Coe - I'll judge him by what he does now he's President.

I judged him the moment he declared that the report on Russian doping was "a declaration of war on our sport". He'd already made his mind up to refute everything, but then when the sheer extent and scale of it became irrefutable, he scuttled back to his (now default) position of claiming he didn't have a clue what was going on. Eight years in the job, and he had no idea the biggest doping scandal in the history of Athletics was going on under his nose ? Even when whistle-blowers were coming to him with evidence ?

"The fightback has to start here. It is a declaration of war on my sport. There is nothing in our history of competence and integrity in drug testing that warrants this kind of attack." - Coe, August 2015

He should be booted out immediately. He's already categorically proved beyond ALL doubt that he is not fit for purposes to clean up that sport.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
True. Assuming you have what particular ARSE like qualities did he display?

I've met him at least half a dozen times. He's pompous, rude and above all arrogant.

I judge him not so much on his dealings directly with me and my colleagues, to whom he needed to be professionally polite, but more on his interaction with the 'little people' - waiting staff, lackeys, etc.

Horrible man.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I've met him at least half a dozen times. He's pompous, rude and above all arrogant.

I judge him not so much on his dealings directly with me and my colleagues, to whom he needed to be professionally polite, but more on his interaction with the 'little people' - waiting staff, lackeys, etc.
Horrible man.

Always the measure of a man (or woman)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Another spare knighthood up for grabs? You sort of expect his arrogance, bearing in mind his background and achievements, but the levels of deception he has shown are just unacceptable. As a representative of our country, he has made us a laughing stock.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The bloke is as slippery as a weasel in a tub of swarfega. He'll dance around this using a combination of smoke, mirrors and semantics till the cows come home. But strip away his mealy-mouthed squirmings, the bare facts of the matter are this: He was either asleep on the job, therefore incompetent. Or wilfully misleading, therefore a liar.

Either way, he is not fit for purpose and should be binned off immediately, whether he ducks out of attending this enquiry or not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here