Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U.K. Holidays or Abroad ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm just amazed that everyone seems to have everything planned and booked already.

Depends on how a few things work out for me this year, but I'm already jonesing on getting back to Cuba having been last October/November.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Great area around the Canel Du Midi, great wine and not really bought up like the Cote D'Azur. Coast though is a disappointment in this area of France, great in June and September
Strange... although does have a cooling wind.... the beaches are superb... all the way from Montpellier down to Coulliere.... not sure what you are looking for in a coast...

It's bloody hot in July and August.. and a bit busy as it's where a lot of French head to their holiday homes and resorts... cheaper than the cote d'azure

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Got a small break to Fuerteventura sorted out. Fly out the day after the Newcastle game, get back on the Sunday. The off to Munich for the Spring Beer Festival in April.
Going to the Trnsmt Festival in Glasgow for the Friday that Radiohead play, so might plan a small break around then in Scotland.
Thinking about a main holiday, as its just me, well the worlds my oyster, as they say :)

Oh, and the 'Spoons is better in the North Terminal, from my experience.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, and the 'Spoons is better in the North Terminal, from my experience.

Yeah, you're right. I'll give you this but this is all that's better about the north.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it? I'm a fan of the North Terminal myself, and surely easier to plan than when some of their operations were in the north, and some in the south.

And they were routing regular travelers through fast track this morning. Not quite as slow track would be a better description.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Abroad, usually still better value as long as you go for a couple of weeks. Accomadation is always expensive in the summer in England. Also the Mrs works in the travel industry so I don't get too much of a say in the issue!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Just checking the fixture list. Nope, nothing happening at the back end of April. Couple of fixtures against lowly clubs (boring), Norwich away is on TV, Udders at Wolves (not even Brighton) and back for Villa on TV.

After the year we've had there's more important things than football I can promise you

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Been to China' Hong Kong ,Cambodia,Laos Thialand,Vietnam most of Europe and USA
However now I want to visit the places in Britain and Ireland but will have to do a Rome trip as my wife birthday present very soon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm just amazed that everyone seems to have everything planned and booked already.

Depends on how a few things work out for me this year, but I'm already jonesing on getting back to Cuba having been last October/November.

We do it to avoid disappointment before highly regarded hotels sell out, and to save money on scheduled flights where the cost is so much cheaper early on.

We're travelling independently to Sweden this July (never been to Scandinavia at all before) and have booked a December ski trip to Austra, again independently.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Had 3 hols last year all to spain and ibiza,cant handle more than 2/3hours on flight,this year doing tacky benidorm,but always 5 star and away from busy end nearer lavante beach,and no more than 7 days ever,

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
If the weather was better,woukd do devon cornwall every year or cromer norfolk lovely part of england

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Another vote for the Western Isles. Will be trying to get up that way again sometime this year. Probably Skye but Harris remains our favourite.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Another vote for the Western Isles. Will be trying to get up that way again sometime this year. Probably Skye but Harris remains our favourite.
But the weather?????...... almost anytime of the year it really is pot luck..... I find that Perthshire and the Highlands are far more agreeable weather wise, the scenery is no less spectacular.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here