Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
......actually, what kind of buffoon ain't got a ticket for Teenage Fanclub?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Think there's a few Wedding Present fans on here...

If anyone was a fan around the 'George Best' era and would be interested in potentially helping out with a new documentary then please head here for details:
https://andrewjezard.com/gb30/

I, alas, was only approaching 7 years old when the album came out.
I became a huge fan of it many years later after a big music chat that somewhat enlivened a particularly grim Yeovil away game in 2006.

Thanks guys.

GB30_GigList.jpg

boik

If anyone was a fan around the 'George Best' era and would be interested in potentially helping out with a new documentary then please head here for details:

I became a huge fan of it many years later after a big music chat that somewhat enlivened a particularly grim Yeovil away game in 2006.

Thanks guys.

View attachment 81953

Exciting! Can't remember when I first saw them. It was at the Top Rank a bit after that ....88-ish?

Going to see them at the Boiler room in a couple of weeks and then Edge of the Sea where there will be playing George Best on the Friday night.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

Thanks guys.

View attachment 81953

I'm familiar with this album. [MENTION=11689]shaun_rc[/MENTION] - have you heard this one? Right up your street.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I saw them on May 15th 1987, then on the Bizarro tour after that (can't remember where - Kilburn or T&C maybe?). Not sure I went to the official George Best tour.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I saw them on May 15th 1987, then on the Bizarro tour after that (can't remember where - Kilburn or T&C maybe?). Not sure I went to the official George Best tour.

I saw them in 1990 or 91 in Liverpool (Uni). I thought that one was the Bizarro tour - but then my memory is appalling for this stuff.

But yes, like you, I also think [MENTION=11689]shaun_rc[/MENTION] might know a little more detail.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I saw them at the Escape Club in 1986, it may of been an early 'Apple Orchard' gig, but not on the official George Best tour. They came back to Brighton at the Pavillion Theatre for the 'Turn It Up' Christmas Party in December 1987. I still have a recording of that, and remember that the annoying noise in between songs was my mate who repeatedly blew a party blower in an attempt to somehow say he was on the radio. I would imagine that Jem Stone was probably involved in the latter gig.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I've only seen them once: Autumn '85. Can't recall the set list.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Exciting! Can't remember when I first saw them. It was at the Top Rank a bit after that ....88-ish?

Going to see them at the Boiler room in a couple of weeks and then Edge of the Sea where there will be playing George Best on the Friday night.

I was there too. Gedge played in his shorts and someone 'fell' from the balcony. That's about all I remember. Saw them a few times before that during Big Twang nights. Often first on as support. Going to see them play George Best at Roundhouse in June and Edge Of The Sea. Fall fans may like to know Brix E Smith is support for Roundhouse gig. Great to see this thread up and about again.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
And nice to see this thread back. Anyone got any recommendations/ 2016 favourites? I'm a bit out of touch at the moment- can't get to the stereo any more now that my daughter's discovered what it is and how to use it: "Let it go, let it goooo"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here