Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson out for season!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Whilst adding my wishes for a speedy recovery to Mr.Goldson, may l also ask, who the hell replaces him tomorrow then? I guess it has to be Hunemeier.

At a more perverse level, it's a shame this wasn't picked up a week ago. There would have been a chance of bringing in a replacement then.

How close is Rosenior to returning?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Can I please ask people to not be overly speculative about this please.

I understand it's being treated as any other injury. Some surgery is required, he'll then enter recovery and be back as soon as possible.

Probably/Presumably something fairly minor, as anybody with any sense will realise. The word preventive says it all.

But anybody in that position would be naturally anxious. It's not meant to be a pun if I say my heart goes out to him.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Really glad it's been caught. Well done to the medical team.

This exposes a clear weakness in the squad. Dunk will miss the next game and then will surely get a 3 match ban. I really hope Bruno stays / gets fit abd Rosenior gets back to match fitness soon. A lot may rest on how Hunemeier performs...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Pleased they have found this and that it appears it can be addressed with minor surgery. Some things far more important than Football

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Jesus, that's a bit of a shock. Was reading only the other day about how many people in the country have heart conditions they aren't aware of.

Sod the football, get well soon Connor.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Just to under speculate and simplify. The heart is a muscle, so it's a muscle injury. But, because this muscle needs to keep moving so as not to make him dead, recovery will be longer hence the rest of the season.
All the best to him

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't think so, shouldn't be required anyway with Tomori and Rosenior once fit available for cover if Bruno needs to move to CB

We've also got Dallison back from his loan. I thought he looked very promising pre-season.

Get well soon Connor and I hope the surgery sorts it out for you.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Replaces him? He didn't start the last match, wasn't even on the bench, and hasn't been a starter all season??
Hunemeier will start with Duffy and
dunk will be back next week

Hello Mr. Pedantic. Yes being a season ticket holder and following the Albion away I'm aware of that. However Goldson was due to start tomroow, so someone will have to replace him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We've also got Dallison back from his loan. I thought he looked very promising pre-season.

Get well soon Connor and I hope the surgery sorts it out for you.

Promising he may well be, but I wouldn't like to see him thrust straight into first team action quite yet awhile, and certainly not under these circumstances.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Terrible news for us but pretty fantastic they've noticed it and can hopefully fix it. More important than football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here