Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christ I love this club

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes.

At the end of the game we had our keeper who wanted to celebrate with the crowd in a lovely way and quite beyond the norm.

Before the game we had our Chairman's kids playing with Gully and Sammy at the edge of the pitch while he chatted to fans and signed autographs/posed for selfies...

Our club is ****ing brilliant.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes.

At the end of the game we had our keeper who wanted to celebrate with the crowd in a lovely way and quite beyond the norm.

Before the game we had our Chairman's kids playing with Gully and Sammy at the edge of the pitch while he chatted to fans and signed autographs/posed for selfies...

Our club is ****ing brilliant.

Did you see the way that the players and Bloom were greeting each other before the game? And Rosenior picking up Bloom's youngest son and playing with him. These really are the good times for Brighton and anyone who's not feeling the love really should try to get on board with the rest of us. Enjoy these times whilst we can.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I think in a way this club is unique in the way it interacts with the fans
We have a chairman who is Blue and White through and through
We have players who aren't afraid to enjoy sharing a victory with the fans at the end of the game
It's unreal in a way if you think about it
Can't think of another club in this league that does things the way we do it
As someone said embrace it and enjoy it

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did you see the way that the players and Bloom were greeting each other before the game? And Rosenior picking up Bloom's youngest son and playing with him. These really are the good times for Brighton and anyone who's not feeling the love really should try to get on board with the rest of us. Enjoy these times whilst we can.

Bloom and his kids were in front of us (WSL North End) for bloody ages before kick off. Must have been dozens of people wanting selfies with him....he was smiling throughout. Kids were playing with the mascots and any players that came over.

There simply isn't another club like it in the PL........half the chairmen/owners aren't even at the games FFS.

Marvellous scenes.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Agree with this and all the other sentiments. I'm 60, been going to matches for over 50 years, and in common with a lot of the other old-timers on here I've banged on about Brian Clough, the 'Glory Years', Peter Ward, Alan Mullery, Newcastle in 1979, FA Cup final, etc etc etc. The players and fans were close then, but I tell you, this era knocks everything that's gone before into a cocked hat. The club is on a far sounder footing, and with the greatest respect to Mike Bamber and the board of that time, far better run that it's ever been. Even the fans are better!

Bozza talked on another thread about 'peak Albion' being the moment promotion was gained. I'd say he's wrong inasmuch as 'peak Albion' wasn't so much that one moment as this whole era. We've got promoted, we're finding our feet, and even though it's still very early days we've seen more than enough signs to indicate that, actually, we DO belong here. It's quite intoxicating.

So yeah, anyone who isn't incredibly happy about where we are now never will be happy. This is probably as good as it gets, this is probably Peak Albion. Or who knows? perhaps it isn't ...

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Totally agree with you, done about 54 years myself. Really annoys me when some fans still moan about the team, club, management etc. We have improved year on year as a club and performance of the players. Yesterday proved that we are going in the right direction in all ways. Just enjoy the ride, it’s the best it’s been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Posted this on twitter - an aussie mate of mine is over for a few weeks and shouts "hey Maty! I'm a f***en Aussie!" And he came over and had a selfie, and the great man himself even liked the post on instagram :lol:

View attachment 89674

I've rotated the photo for you.

maty-ryan.jpg

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not trying to "do a Stockdale". This is just his way.

hqdefault.jpg

The man seems to be mad about football (unlike some who are lucky enough to be paid to play). You don't do this in some calculating way - this is in the man:

DJTgoMLXUAE_y7K.jpg

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
As someone who wasn't overly bothered about the "promised land" talk I must admit I'm enjoying the Premier League ride so far.

We've got a full stadium, passionate fans, a committed owner and talented players who are giving it absolutely everything, led by a very shrewd and pragmatic manager. And we have a few points on the board, more than I thought we'd have at this point.

There won't be a trophy to show for their efforts, but it's already shaping up to be another very special season. I wouldn't swap places with any other club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here