Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal away 1st October - ticket availability

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They wouldn't be 'ahead' of any current STH, just on a par with. I sometimes think that people regard the season we moved to the Amex as 'year zero' (in the same way some people regard the birth of the Premier League as the start of top flight football). When you think we had crowds of 6k at Withdean and now we have 23k season ticket holders and a long waiting list, you start to think opposition fans who sing 'where were you when you were crap' have a point. The people who trekked to Gillingham or who sat in the open stand at Withdean in the pouring rain to see us getting beaten by Hartlepool deserve something. There must be loads of people who post on NSC who never bothered going to Withdean but are now the biggest Albion fans ever. New supporters are great for the club, of course, but you have to ask... where were you?

Not aware of anyone that thinks 2011/12 was year zero.

I don't quite understand why you go on about those sitting in the rain being more deserving. If they were keen enough to watch the Albion at Withdean and Gillingham, why would you chose to stop going now we are at the Amex bearing in mind we have had 6 very eventful seasons!

Of course there will be some whose circumstances forced them into not going but there will be many that chose other things to prioritise. What do you expect the club to do, have an appeals committee to assess everyone 'entitlement'?

Finally, it's all very well asking ' Where were you' but what about asking 'where are you now'!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
....or who sat in the open stand at Withdean in the pouring rain to see us getting beaten....

What about those of us who sat in the stand with a roof?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Received our Arsenal tickets ages ago I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here