Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 seater cars

This lot always have a good range. We had a Zafira for several years, did the job well - the rear 2 seats are pretty decent.

This!Have had a Zafira for about 8 years and its been a very useful car,5 seats and a decent space for dog and moving stuff about,2 seats and large furniture no problem and occasionally all 6/7 seats come into play. Easy to pop seats up and down unlike the galaxy we had when we had to take seats out and store:moo:

matey

Mar 16, 2014
Shame Toyota don't still make the Previa. Love ours. 7 individual seats and still lots of luggage space with all 7 seats in use.

Had our Previa from 1996 for 14 years and would still have kept it if it wasn't for Brighton and Hove revoking our parking permit which shouldn't have been issued for the property in the first place. A quick mot check shows that the Previa is still on the road with 140k+ on the clock.

boik

Had our Previa from 1996 for 14 years and would still have kept it if it wasn't for Brighton and Hove revoking our parking permit which shouldn't have been issued for the property in the first place. A quick mot check shows that the Previa is still on the road with 140k+ on the clock.

Thats just run in! Theres loads with 400k+ still going strong.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Whenever I see a bloke driving a Picasso or Zafira type thing he seems to have the resigned look of a man who understands that his life is over.

My brother in law used to drive a sporty BMW 3 series, he now has a Picasso. Which he hates.

:shootself

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I meant pokey as in 'having considerable poke'. Not worded well I agree, but it was well endowed with poke.

Oh of course. I had one as a hire in the states recently. My first thought was oh **** they've given me a kia. I was surprised how good it was They've come a long way in the last few years.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Whenever I see a bloke driving a Picasso or Zafira type thing he seems to have the resigned look of a man who understands that his life is over.

My brother in law used to drive a sporty BMW 3 series, he now has a Picasso. Which he hates.

There is a (pricey) boy racer/family man/eco warrior option ... https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/tesla-model-x-762bhp-7-seat-electric-gullwing-suv

A 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds 7 seater should make the school run more interesting.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Recently brought a Ssangyong Turismo. It is a real 7 seater & not one of these with the back row in the boot. Adults can comfortably sit in all seats. I had a grand scenic but the back row was useless unless you were 5 yrs old.
Also unlike most 7 seaters the boot is big enough for pushchairs, suitcases etc.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Does anyone know of a car dealer that purely sells 7 seaters? We would like to purchase a large family car but have no knowledge of what we would want and a showroom with lots of various designs may help us answer a lot of those questions

Stop MUCKING ABOUT, sell your family and get yourself a Tesla Model X.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)

That's why when i bought my S-Max it was the one with a 2.5 L 5 cylinder turbo charged (petrol) engine (217 Hp). It's a big heavy car but it goes like a piano falling off a building if you want to!

Very practical car and Ford makes the best seats.

I had the Zafira previously, but the S-Max is better.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Before you start shopping for a 7 seater you may need to qualify how important is it that the second row middle seat is full size. If it is important your choice will be narrowed greatly.

If you need to fit a child/baby seat on one or more of the seats, it's worth checking out which seats can take the harness.

theboybilly

Went over there recently and they all seemed to have Versos. I think even french people are starting to avoid french cars...

Stange that you say this as on our visits to Brittany at always impresses me how loyal the French seem to be towards their marques. Renault, Citroen and Peugeot seem to dominate by a cosiderable margin. Shame we hardly see 2CVs or Renault 4s though

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We've had an S-Max for 7 years now and agree its an excellent car. Based on the Mondeo chassis it handles like a much smaller car and doesn't experience any roll while cornering. The drive is responsive and handles enough for you to enjoy the drive. The 2 rear seats are decent, adults can use them and a bit of boot space is still left. The 3 rear seats are all adjustable and recline independently of each other. When all the seats are down the space seems huge for the run to the tip or whatever. It's a really well thought out car which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Agree totally. We test drove the new Picasso and the SMAx on the same day, and the drive and build quality difference was marked.

Citroens feel like they are made entirely of plastic, and drive like a boat.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And FYI we went to these guys.

https://www.havenmotors.co.uk/

Although not exclusively 7 seaters, they do have a lot of family cars, including the Grand Picasso / SMAX / Vafira types.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

boik

Stange that you say this as on our visits to Brittany at always impresses me how loyal the French seem to be towards their marques. Renault, Citroen and Peugeot seem to dominate by a cosiderable margin. Shame we hardly see 2CVs or Renault 4s though

I had Citroen DS's for 20 years. When I was restoring them most parts came from NL. There was no culture of restoring classic cars in France. They just drove them till they stopped and then used them for chicken coops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here