Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caribou Cup 2nd draw TONIGHT

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
What is the point in the home and away ball? Just pick them out of one pot ffs. The old way never needed changing

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What is the point in the home and away ball? Just pick them out of one pot ffs. The old way never needed changing

I was wondering about this but I've worked out (I think!) that it's because it's a seeded draw. Therefore Salako draws the seeded team, and then decides if they're home or away via another ball. Then McLeish draws the unseeded team.

Carlisle v Sunderland looks vaguely likely to draw interest up that way, while Blackburn v Burnley will obviously be the TV pick. Sheffield United will probably fancy their chances against Leicester I guess.

Salako's hands appear to be shaking with nerves, presumably at the incredible responsibility of it all.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Newport is in the north.Who knew.

I don't get why they regionalised it for their sake. If they were drawn together you just keep the ball out draw another one and then put it back in. Strewth.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One would imagine there will be an epic crowd for Middlesbrough v Scunthorpe :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I was wondering about this but I've worked out (I think!) that it's because it's a seeded draw. Therefore Salako draws the seeded team, and then decides if they're home or away via another ball. Then McLeish draws the unseeded team.

Carlisle v Sunderland looks vaguely likely to draw interest up that way, while Blackburn v Burnley will obviously be the TV pick. Sheffield United will probably fancy their chances against Leicester I guess.

Salako's hands appear to be shaking with nerves, presumably at the incredible responsibility of it all.

I see, but then I don't understand how they are deciding who's seeded and unseeded! Is it just divisional or based on other criteria? QPR v Brentford for example!

I did notice the Salako shake. :lolol: Looks too much for him to handle

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So what are they doing with the games where Solako got it wrong? I know it was announced as Ipswich vs Palace but it should be the other way round. Are they honouring the draw? Honouring the games as they were announced or is someone from the EFL currently calling Solako a **** and trying to work out how he managed to get confused by a red ball with an H on it and a white ball with an A on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here