Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Local cricketers. Would YOU like to play here...?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can play Sunday if you're short?

We actually have no game this week, but do the following two - away at Lodsworth on 18th, then home at Parham on the 25th. Let me know if you'd like a game on either date - and I'll let our skipper know :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We had a picnic at Sheffield park and after wandering around the place for the thousandth time, we sat watching a game on lord Sheffield's pitch which is magnificent.

Karen asked if I missed it, and honestly I didn't. I play a lot of golf now, but I start at around 8 in the morning and am finished by 11:30 ish for 18 holes. We have the rest of the day to do what we both want. Cricket for st Michaels used to take all day, leave home at 10 and get in at 11 at night...maybe that was because I played in East Sussex league at places as far away as rye and Edenbridge

I have been asked to play an evening game for an old side I played for many years ago....I may give it a go, but I am 59 this year, although I still get mails asking I find I am available to play for sussex over 50's, I think it is a young mans game.

I f***ing hated having to drive to Rye and Edenbridge. Especially as we always seemed to get SPANKED by them. Edenbridge had an opener who scored a double century against us because he clearly wasn't a second team player. How is that fun for him? Plus I nearly broke my hand trying to stop a ball he SMASHED back at me.

I think the worst type of cheating which has crept into the game is the mass team appeal. You'll get some idiot bowler who appeals every time the ball goes near the pads or to the keeper, but the whole team will go up screaming at the umpire even when it's quite BLATANTLY not out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here