Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've ignored this sham since shrimp-gate, but I'm getting involved now.

The right thing needs to happen here.

That has a kind of Russians and Donald Trump feel to it! Last minute, the badger wins by a 904-92 landslide :)

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
That's a NONSENSE argument. That there are some posters who would vote for ANYTHING against fluffy, doesn't by definition mean that none of those opponents ARE in fact harder.

Yes of course, I'm not suggesting that Jaguar is not hard because I believe he is. But what does happen when HB comes up against a genuinely hard opponent is genuine votes, and then a good amount of votes from those who would rather vote for a stick insect.

And just to clarify, you're not suggesting that a Seagull received 37 genuine votes from people who honestly think it is harder than a honey badger, are you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And just to clarify, you're not suggesting that a Seagull received 37 genuine votes from people who honestly think it is harder than a honey badger, are you?

Not for a minute, which is why I said nothing of the kind. Just refuting the argument that the existence of some 'anyonebutbadger' votes, means that the opponent doesn't necessarily DESERVE that vote.

'Anyonebutbadger' would vote against the badger, in contests against a kitten, a tadpole and a T-Rex - none of that indicates anything about the respective merits of those three opponents.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
92 - 92 with a few hours left.

It's about time that the 2nd accounts came out. Wheres [MENTION=20497]NSC Blog[/MENTION]s

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's been 92-92 now for an hour. Has everyone voted that wanted to or is there a few waiting for a late lunge?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It couldn't be closer - but come on people ask yourself this question:

If you were put in lifeboat with either the jaguar or honey-badger - which
do you fancy your chances against most?

:facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It couldn't be closer - but come on people ask yourself this question:

If you were put in lifeboat with either the jaguar or honey-badger - which
do you fancy your chances against most?

I'd just cuddle the honey badger and tell the jaguar to swim in the water for his food

honey badger.jpg

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I'd just cuddle the honey badger and tell the jaguar to swim in the water for his food

There it is, obviously there can't be a Honey Badger contest without someone pulling this beauty out. And it proves what exactly? I've already posted the equivalent 'Jaguar being cuddled picture'.

Lazy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - obviously this vote will be discarded, along with numerous others.

Listen to yourself! You sound like Donald Trump, crying about 'electoral fraud' without a hint of irony.

Who the hell are you to disregard the valid opinion of a valued forum stalwart like [MENTION=20497]NSC Blog[/MENTION] (22 informative and enlightening contributions since 2011)?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Listen to yourself! You sound like Donald Trump, crying about 'electoral fraud' without a hint of irony.

Who the hell are you to disregard the valid opinion of a valued forum stalwart like [MENTION=20497]NSC Blog[/MENTION] (22 informative and enlightening contributions since 2011)?

NSC Blog is fake news, people.

#draintheswamp

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There it is, obviously there can't be a Honey Badger contest without someone pulling this beauty out. And it proves what exactly? I've already posted the equivalent 'Jaguar being cuddled picture'.

Lazy.

Why is it lazy? I keep it in my files because it shows the honey badger is not as head mental, as it's supporters think.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Not for a minute, which is why I said nothing of the kind. Just refuting the argument that the existence of some 'anyonebutbadger' votes, means that the opponent doesn't necessarily DESERVE that vote.

'Anyonebutbadger' would vote against the badger, in contests against a kitten, a tadpole and a T-Rex - none of that indicates anything about the respective merits of those three opponents.

Completely agree! But my point stands that the Badger has to somehow overcome genuine votes, and votes purely against it. Come the later rounds when he comes up against other hard creatures equally deserving of votes, it makes his task nigh-on impossible.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Completely agree! But my point stands that the Badger has to somehow overcome genuine votes, and votes purely against it. Come the later rounds when he comes up against other hard creatures equally deserving of votes, it makes his task nye-on impossible.

Agreed, but leave New Year's Eve out of this.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Why is it lazy? I keep it in my files because it shows the honey badger is not as head mental, as it's supporters think.

Because it proves nothing? What about your old favorite, SWC...?

crocodile-pet_8.jpg

By your rationale, this makes the SWC not very hard?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here