Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've had less than passing interest in this years Vuelta, but was fortunate enough to be watching this afternoon.

Check out the highlights later, great racing.

That's the first I've seen of it, having arrived back in Brighton early this morning. What a great stage, what a beautiful, if painful, finish.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Its a haematoma, blood basically. No idea why it has no bruise. Gotta go back if still there in 4 months or if I think I've got an infection brewing.

Right, a while ago a geeks ride was suggested. The date for the ride will be the 25th September. The route will be shared on our strava club. I will try to keep it central Sussex heading north, east and west. It would be amazing if as many of us could make it. I know a lot of you but would be chuffed to meet you.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Slightly disappointing news on the bike front yesterday - after approving the order a week ago, the Bike 2 Work people sent me an email to say the Defy 4 was now unavailable in my size! Was hoping to take delivery next week & make the most of the last of the summer sun, but waiting til mid October now as they have the new 2017 Giant Contend 2 (Defy 4 replacement) available at the same price - so alls well that ends well (hopefully!)

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I've finally sold my Wilier Izoard, went for just under £350 in the end.

Busy weekend for me so can't get much cycling in so will stay local and do some hill reps to keep the legs spinning.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If you didn't see today's stage of the Vuelta!!!...

don't bother watching the highlights. I don't think I've EVER seen a more boring stage.

Tomorrow should more than make up for it, though.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Right, a while ago a geeks ride was suggested. The date for the ride will be the 25th September. The route will be shared on our strava club. I will try to keep it central Sussex heading north, east and west. It would be amazing if as many of us could make it. I know a lot of you but would be chuffed to meet you.

:bounce:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you didn't see today's stage of the Vuelta!!!...

don't bother watching the highlights. I don't think I've EVER seen a more boring stage.

Tomorrow should more than make up for it, though.

When I saw you'd posted at key post stage o'clock, I avoided this thread.
I've just settled into the highlights and instantly FF'ed up to 'live', and have come on here to find out what the feck you're on about.

Now I understand. :lol:

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
We'll I could but......saying it n turning up is another story. I hope to make a route that brings us all together if only for a pint...at the Swan!!��

Circuit of Chailey turn-up-on-the-line TT also on the 25th if any of you geeks fancy joining me and a few other like minded individuals. It's a very relaxed affair, approx 17 miles of undulating country lanes and a great taster of TTing for the uninitiated. Needless to add, road bikes very much welcome. Could be a nice little starter for the NSC ride, culminating in said pint...?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Circuit of Chailey turn-up-on-the-line TT also on the 25th if any of you geeks fancy joining me and a few other like minded individuals. It's a very relaxed affair, approx 17 miles of undulating country lanes and a great taster of TTing for the uninitiated. Needless to add, road bikes very much welcome. Could be a nice little starter for the NSC ride, culminating in said pint...?

Via Land's End - We're not stooopid you know. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here