Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

albionite

May 20, 2009
Nope, until further notice. The 'emergency' timetable is basically the 'timetable' now. Expect to see 'emergency' dropped at some point (probably on next formal revision)

Emergency timetable lasts 8 weeks it's what they told all staff, 4 weeks is what they told the press.

No idea for their plans after 8 weeks as this is the limit legally for an emergency timetable and they will still have the same staff shortages ( sorry strange sickness that lasts 4 months that doctors are happy to sign off for)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Incidentally I was chatting to a manager today who confirmed that there has been and is no excessive sickness among the guards at Brighton. But by all means carry on believing the Southern story and blame them for the emergency timetable.

Im not. Never did. But I AM blaming them for striking when people are at their wits end.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The pre conditions will simply become conditions of the negotiation

Nothing much seems to have changed .... two intransigent parties pretending to negotiate when neither understand the meaning of the word compromise

the union seems to be showing more PR awareness though. Calling the strike achieved gaining public attention. Now everyone is watching they have called it off and the heat shifts to Southern. Provided the union does nothing more to upset the public I would say this could be a game changer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
the union seems to be showing more PR awareness though. Calling the strike achieved gaining public attention. Now everyone is watching they have called it off and the heat shifts to Southern. Provided the union does nothing more to upset the public I would say this could be a game changer.

Its almost like they followed mine and [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]s advice.

Maybe I should bill the union for my services. The heat was always on SASTA. Always. But then they ****ing pulled a stunt like that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Emergency timetable lasts 8 weeks it's what they told all staff, 4 weeks is what they told the press.

No idea for their plans after 8 weeks as this is the limit legally for an emergency timetable and they will still have the same staff shortages ( sorry strange sickness that lasts 4 months that doctors are happy to sign off for)

Publicly (as quoted by Southern) it's 'Until Further Notice'

albionite

May 20, 2009
Its almost like they followed mine and [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]s advice.

Maybe I should bill the union for my services. The heat was always on SASTA. Always. But then they ****ing pulled a stunt like that.

Most guards agree with that should of been a 1 day strike say the Monday. Sasta was doing a good enough job of making themselves look crap. I would imagine rmt went for the 5 days to force gtr/daft to talk.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
East Coast are holding a ballot to strike, I may be wrong, must admit I'm losing the plot. If the club can't honour travel to matches I want beer token comp

It underperformed. Was put back in Govt hands, made a profit, ran well and then....they sold it :facepalm:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It underperformed. Was put back in Govt hands, made a profit, ran well and then....they sold it :facepalm:

Direct Operated Rail took it over as it was knackered financially, they got it back into shape, made money for the tax payer so they sold it off and now they face strikes

DOR could take over SASTA tonight if the government wanted

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Direct Operated Rail took it over as it was knackered financially, they got it back into shape, made money for the tax payer so they sold it off and now they face strikes

DOR could take over SASTA tonight if the government wanted
So DOR is DFT, which is the government .... sinister

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
[tweet]763393963126652928[/tweet]

FFS. What am I missing? Staff are going back to work so why can't they ****ing work? I appreciate their may be some cancellations because stock isn't in the right place etc but what the **** are the returning staff going to be doing all day if they are still going to be running the strike timetable.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

FFS. What am I missing? Staff are going back to work so why can't they ****ing work? I appreciate their may be some cancellations because stock isn't in the right place etc but what the **** are the returning staff going to be doing all day if they are still going to be running the strike timetable.
Don't forget SASTA have no inclination to provide an actual service for their customers.

Best get into the mindset that we don't have a railway in Sussex.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

As I work for VT East Coast its worth pointing out that the Taxpayer is getting far more money from Virgin in premiums than East Coast made in profit. We have also invested over £21 million in rolling stock refurbishment, brought in free wifi, better catering, upgraded all station lounges, and introduced on board entertainment all on trains that have two years left until the new Azumas come in. That would have NEVER happened under Govt control but hey ho lets all buy into the fabricated RMT driven fantasy that nationalisation would be great.

Currently the RMT are trying to prevent ant train company from making any change. In the case of VT despite being promised that nobody will lose their job unless they want redundancy and nobody will be paid less than they are today.

We WILL run a full service regardless of any strike.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

We will be sitting doing f*** all. Honestly - that's how useless this lot are.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Sitting in the mess room with their feet up having cups of tea, SASTA won't let them work and that is a FACT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here