Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
halfway through the pre-season games tonight and by my reckoning still 3 needed and soon. Need to start today for me or I will be moving off the fence into worried. Marshall played for Blackburn last night so that isn't likely as close yet. Hoping for decent news today.

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
halfway through the pre-season games tonight and by my reckoning still 3 needed and soon. Need to start today for me or I will be moving off the fence into worried. Marshall played for Blackburn last night so that isn't likely as close yet. Hoping for decent news today.
Him still playing doesn't mean a thing, Baldock was still playing for BC a day or 2 before he signed for us if i remember rightly.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
No signings are close according to the Argus and Hughton says the squad won't be complete by the first game so it looks like we may as well write off the first couple of matches like last season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Oh dear. Another poor start looks on the cards then.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
No signings are close according to the Argus and Hughton says the squad won't be complete by the first game so it looks like we may as well write off the first couple of matches like last season.

Read that after my post this morning that needs to be this week. Unless it is smoke and mirrors he has gone form very confident we will have the players needed by Forest to not in a day or so. We all knew the problems from last season and we have not yet addressed them and according to that wont before the season starts. Disappointing and poor. If nothing much by then the fans forum could be fun.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The article doesn't say no signings are close.

It says recruitment may go past the Forest game, and that we may not get all signings done by then. Hughton hopes this won't be the case.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You get the impression the club are trying to do things on the cheap again. Playing the waiting game again and then eventually lose our targets to other clubs because we failed to get things done asap. It's a shame we are miles behind Derby and Boro when it comes to recruiting players. Sometimes you have to pay that little bit extra.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

The first couple? I've written off the first 5 games
Forest 0-0 D
Fulham 0-1 L
Huddersfield 0-1 L
Blackburn 1-1 D
Ipswich 0-2 L

2 points from 5 games at the September international break and into the bottom 3
Can't see many more points with current squad from playing against those 5 teams with 3 away games

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Will we singe anyone today?

It's funny how you read something and then put your own spin on it. I read the article and the quote is "May Spill over into the new season" so now some people on here read it and turn it into the squad won't be complete, funny how some interpret information. My view is that the squad won't be complete, for the simple reason is that he will get a few players in on loan, and in the meantime I expect a couple of signings before the forest game.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
A huge whiff of de ja vu. We could not score for toffee last season and we are still dragging our heels. Was that shave with relegation not close enough for the club to realise that we really do HAVE to get 2 or 3 more attacking options in.

When Rosenior & Hemed signed I thought this the start of a genuine rebuilding attempt, it's turned into another Poundland patch up job

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With, I suggest, 6 singings required, it was never likely recruitment would be COMPLETED by Forest.

The article says nothing new.

Certainly doesn't say that NO singings are close.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's funny how you read something and then put your own spin on it. I read the article and the quote is "May Spill over into the new season" so now some people on here taking the take and turning into the squad won't be complete, funny how some interpret information. My view is that the squad won't be complete, for the simple reason is that he will get a few players in on loan, and in the meantime I expect a couple of signings before the forest game.

Been a fan long?
This Brighton, we always do this and it seems we always will.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sad thing is you knew that Argus article would be published a long time before it was. Is anyone surprised to see it?

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
TODAY is THE Day

There were some sources that suggested a Marquee Signing yesterday evening but it wasn't announced.

Expect a big one today, unexpected, not predicted and as big as anything in the last ten years.

This will show the true intent

We are going up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here