Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The bigger picture?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Pitched to me this afternoon by someone not dyed in the wool Albion but clued up on footballing matters

Bloom wants out.

Get a manager in who he knows won't cut it.

Shit storm ensues, with a number of supporters directly having a pop at Bloom and Barber.

Bloom says enough is enough and with two concrete assets, stadium and training ground, sells out to a foreign investor, possibly with the Amex link from America.

After all we've been through I hope he wouldn't resort to that, but clearly something's not right.

I like what you are saying and I did last time but when people had a dig at your vocation previously they were censored by the mods but you are allowed to have a dig at the Sacred Albion Board freely. Something is clearly not right.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can't see that scenario being correct at all.

If nothing else, Tony Bloom has attracted very little criticism....we sing his name (over and over) every game. The job is only half done.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Pitched to me this afternoon by someone not dyed in the wool Albion but clued up on footballing matters

Bloom wants out.

Get a manager in who he knows won't cut it.

Shit storm ensues, with a number of supporters directly having a pop at Bloom and Barber.

Bloom says enough is enough and with two concrete assets, stadium and training ground, sells out to a foreign investor, possibly with the Amex link from America.

After all we've been through I hope he wouldn't resort to that, but clearly something's not right.

Given that this:

1) Is pure speculation,
2) Makes no logical sense (If he wants to sell, he would get more money for a successful side)
3) Makes no financial sense (He is not going to find someone to pay him £200 million, Lerner only wants half of that for Aston Villa) &
4) Would be entirely unnecessary. (If we wants to sell, he can sell. He owes none of us anything).

I would have thought you could have thought it through and dismissed it in less time than it took to post it.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Maybe Bloom just made a mistake appointing Hyypia, everyone makes them. It doesn't mean it has to be part of the bigger picture.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd change my seat for Tuesday if I was the OP :wink:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Personally I think the only thing that isn't right is that we don't have a Focal point to our attack. A big Leo or GM would definitely have seen us in the top half, most certainly IMO

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Having just watched Dads Army as Captain Mainwaring often said to Corporal Jone "bordering on the realms of phantasy".

Think you a clutching at straws a bit like the incredibly pointless threads posted about Oatway being sacked.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So, you pump in £200m+ in to the club and then decide the best way of getting out is to sabotage the value of the club before selling.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Harty, your passion for the Albion cannot be questioned. Nor can the role you played in helping to keep our beloved club alive. But at times you do talk bollocks. This is one of those times!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I think TB could be thinking that owning BHA is an expensive hobby and would like to cut his losses.

Spending money like water for a bunch of rank ingrates would lead one to that conclusion, I figure.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
On the other hand it could just be a case of someone trying to stir up some anti Bloom and Barber feelings because they are no longer part of an inner circle and treated like a special fan? Who knows what goes on?

Just for the record, there are no Special Fans. Never have been. The 'myth of the spurned licker' was a divisive half-joke invented by an amateur NSC satirist and regarded as true only by sour-minded halfwits and/or deliberate mischief makers.

Apart from all that, the notion of Lenny Rider being anyone's pet poodle is simply risible.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Another loss, but I can still see us turning things around, good to see the strikers off the mark and before this game we only had 5 points less than we had last season so there's still time. Hyypia needs time and I think he will get it right in the end, we've not been battered by any team most have been by a 1 goal margin. UTA

I don't think that this thread is about performances on the pitch.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just for the record, there are no Special Fans. Never have been. The 'myth of the spurned licker' was a divisive half-joke invented by an amateur NSC satirist and regarded as true only by sour-minded halfwits and/or deliberate mischief makers.

Apart from all that, the notion of Lenny Rider being anyone's pet poodle is simply risible.

You really believe that ? The amount of threads people started along the lines of "For what it's worth, I was talking to Dick last night and......................

You must live in another world

Last edited:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Ridiculous notion. He could sell anytime he wants to if he really wants out and he'd go with everyone's blessing. Why would he concoct such a bizarre scenario? Risk getting relegated for the sake of saving a little face and manufacturing an excuse to sell, not to mention the drop in value of the club.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another loss, but I can still see us turning things around, good to see the strikers off the mark and before this game we only had 5 points less than we had last season so there's still time. Hyypia needs time and I think he will get it right in the end, we've not been battered by any team most have been by a 1 goal margin. UTA

Agreed. Theory posted by OP makes no sense whatsoever. I'd go as far as to say it is a steaming pile of horseshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here